SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Party at Applebees goes wrong
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Party at Applebees goes wrong Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
Why is it that people think they can do whatever they want just because they walk into a restaurant for a meal? I certainly don't want to sit down to a quiet meal at a restaurant only to have it ruined by party, poppers, flying confetti, and loud cheering. I also don't want to walk out to find my car covered in crap

Gender Reveal Party at Ohio Applebee's Goes Terribly Wrong

https://www.insideedition.com/...terribly-wrong-47574

A gender reveal party at an Ohio Applebee's earlier this week degenerated into a melee between guests and staff of the chain restaurant, police said.

About 20 people had gathered to disclose the sex of an expected baby by unleashing confetti poppers inside the eatery near Cleveland.

But when the restaurant's manager asked the patrons to take the reveal outside to avoid disturbing other customers, the event turned violent, authorities said.

The manager ended up calling police after a fight erupted between staff and party members over cleaning up the blue confetti that covered nearby cars and the sidewalk fronting the restaurant.

"Members of the party began screaming, 'I'm going to beat your a**'" to the manager and the eatery's hostess and throwing menus, according to a Boardman Police Department report of the incident.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38004 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Idiot, meet Karma...

SNIP:
A female in the party also left behind her purse, the report said.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
They revealed a lot more than the gender.....

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1490 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It's not even a wild guess anymore...

quote:
Most of the patrons had left by the time officers arrived. They also left behind an unpaid tab of $31.81, according to police.

Big spenders, 20 people for a $32 bill.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
My goodness why not do this shit at someone’s home? You can do a pickup order at Applebee’s or most any restaurant. I’d be pissed with their bs all over my car. We should all have to deal with your chillren!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12658 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Why even do it? Seems stupid.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
It's not even a wild guess anymore...

Be my guess also.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It is bad form to invite savages to one's gender reveal party.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Only in Ohio. I think some of the reactor water from 3 mile island leached into the groundwater here cause there is a lot of stupid shit that happens in this state.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why didn't they just do it the old fashioned way?
Go to the hospital and see it when it is born.

In todays world a kid seems to be any gender they choose.

In a school about 15 miles from me, they had a transvestite chosen as the homecoming queen.

I wonder what the king thought?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is it when I first read "gender reveal" I just assumed it was some confused individual deciding that they had been born in the wrong body? I need to stop reading the news.

Posts: 706 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is it when I first read "gender reveal" I just assumed it was some confused individual deciding that they had been born in the wrong body? I need to stop reading the news.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You must be old. Gotta get WOKE bro. LOL

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Gender reveals are bigoted anyway. No one gets to choose gender but the baby. It's not gender anyway. It's sex. Gender is for grammar. It should be a sex reveal party......as such, a family restaurant is prolly the wrong venue. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29727 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TMI? Really? Half a state away.

Posts: 283 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Probably be another one popping out right after this one.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Only in Ohio. I think some of the reactor water from 3 mile island leached into the groundwater here cause there is a lot of stupid shit that happens in this state.

^^^This.... Can't believe the shit I'm starting to read about local to me. I live in a small agrarian community, but we deal with drugs and bullshit people like it's Youngstown. I'd be in Columbus if I wanted to deal with this shit.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2750 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Used to be we celebrated the birth of the child.

Then, it became fashionable to hold a shower, and celebrate the imminent arrival of the baby.

Nowadays, the simple gender reveal is celebrated.

What's up next....Conception Day parties?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Used to be we celebrated the birth of the child.

Then, it became fashionable to hold a shower, and celebrate the imminent arrival of the baby.

Nowadays, the simple gender reveal is celebrated.

What's up next....Conception Day parties?

Gotta milk people for as many gifts as they can, you know.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I apologize for my state. We have some whackos.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8029 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post