SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shot Show 2022
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot Show 2022 Login/Join 
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted
Following some online coverage from Shot this year but haven't seen anything that really trips my trigger.

Seems like a lot of manufactures are putting out optic cut models or different variations of existing models but nothing really new.

Guess this is what we get with Rona.

Anyone see anything they're excited about?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested if any SF member is attending. There's always follow-up questions to product announcements I/we typically have...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything new!?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Other than the 3 inch Colt Python......nope! Just more high cap plastic, striker fired........stuff. In small calibers too. I'll pass. Again. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Not attending but I’m getting several email from manufacturers and vendors saying they will not be there cause of Covid.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yet, the number of 2022 commercial exhibitors supposedly exceeds all prior years.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will likely attend towards the end of the week. Nothing I've heard about seems terribly exciting.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
There IS a SHOT 2022, that alone should be a positive to celebrate.

Not having any new, groundshaking gamechanger products is actually the norm. It's not like every gun maker whips up a P365 to introduce every year. Same for optics. Knifemakers are 40 years into churning over the same designs, it's rather boring out there.

I suppose the Magpul fans will all be ecstatic over the new stuff and are fully prepared for August ship dates.

Has Glock announced the 9mm carbine yet?

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm here, I have some things to knock out for my department but I'll see what I can do to swing by a booth and take a peek if anyone is interested. Did range day yesterday, Smith had a new M&P trigger which felt good. Shadow Systems is introducing something I've been asking for, for a bit so I'll be glad when it comes out. Should be today or might have already leaked. Nothing earth-shattering but their spin on two things of interest. The main event opens today so likely more news then.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind stopping by the following exhibitors and asking a few questions, I'd appreciate it:

1. CZ/Dan Wesson: When will the DWX pistol finally be launched? Will the full size or compact models be launched at the same time or not? Photos and feedback on how the pistol feels would be greatly appreciated (if they have them at the exhibit).

2. Anschutz: North America production/distribution seems to have fallen off a cliff in the past year... have they worked out their supply chain issues and when might production resume?

3. B&T: Have they given up on the USW-P pistol?

4. Smith & Wesson: Will the new trigger system on the 2.0 Shield make its way into the other M&P series of pistols?

Thanks!!!

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd be curious to get your impressions on KelTec's new striker pistol

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
We saw HK's patents for a micro 9mm last year. Are they planning to release it this year?

Any new 380ACP 10+1 competitors to Ruger's LCP Max?

I know Sig has been pushing back the launch of its P365 .380, but that gun has no size advantage over a 9mm P365, so I don't consider it competition against the Ruger.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
This is the year!!! Palmetto State Armory releases their MP5. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
There IS a SHOT 2022, that alone should be a positive to celebrate.

Not having any new, groundshaking gamechanger products is actually the norm. It's not like every gun maker whips up a P365 to introduce every year. Same for optics. Knifemakers are 40 years into churning over the same designs, it's rather boring out there.

I suppose the Magpul fans will all be ecstatic over the new stuff and are fully prepared for August ship dates.

Has Glock announced the 9mm carbine yet?
But skipping last year you would think there would be more than usual.

I remember almost two years ago there was talk of a Sig P320 Atlas that was supposed to be coming out and I haven't heard anything about it since.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
FWIW, Dr. Sebastian Gorka is broadcasting his radio show, starting today, from SHOT again this year, along with being live on Rumble. It will be his typical political show, but interspersed with politics he grabs either notable 2A political personalities attending, or vendors at the show to do quick interviews.

Personally I'm not a big fan, but Dr. Gorka is an avid and knowledgeable shooter and gun owner, and he often interviews good guests.

His Salem radio show is often rebroadcast in some markets, so even if you miss it live you might still be able to catch a replay.

So far I've caught his interviews with the owners of Silencer Central, Kahr Arms, Shadow Systems, and the NSSF director of public affairs today.

America First website

https://rumble.com/vsu5m3-seba...e-from-shotshow.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hearing more about the AimPoint Duty red dot. Something smaller in diameter than the PRO or Eotech is a lot more handy on AK-type rifles, this (MSRP reportedly $499) is a lot cheaper than AimPoint's old H and C red dots, and I'm counting on AimPoint to build something better than the made-in-Communist-China red dots you see on AK-type rifles all the time.

So - ANY more information beyond what's in the brochure would be great to have. Date when available would be lovely, since even my cheap self would be willing to gamble at the given MSRP.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I will be interested in checking out the Shadow Systems CR920
https://shadowsystemscorp.com/...hadow-systems-cr920/

(As will my wife.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Sure would like to see a micro compact from HK.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Looking forward to hearing more about the AimPoint Duty red dot. Something smaller in diameter than the PRO or Eotech is a lot more handy on AK-type rifles, this (MSRP reportedly $499) is a lot cheaper than AimPoint's old H and C red dots

The Aimpoint C3 and H1 red dots were both around that same price (~$500)

The C3 was the same size as the PRO, but the H1 is a lot smaller than a PRO or Eotech, and the same size as the new Duty Red Dot. I have a H1 on my AK.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Eotech’s EFLX / RMR type mini red dot looks really interesting to me. Curious to see what retail is.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post