SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shot Show 2022
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot Show 2022 Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Max Michel announced that SIG is going to ship the P365 in .380 on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk on Sunday.

quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
We saw HK's patents for a micro 9mm last year. Are they planning to release it this year?

Any new 380ACP 10+1 competitors to Ruger's LCP Max?

I know Sig has been pushing back the launch of its P365 .380, but that gun has no size advantage over a 9mm P365, so I don't consider it competition against the Ruger.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Max Michel announced that SIG is going to ship the P365 in .380 on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk on Sunday.

quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
We saw HK's patents for a micro 9mm last year. Are they planning to release it this year?

Any new 380ACP 10+1 competitors to Ruger's LCP Max?

I know Sig has been pushing back the launch of its P365 .380, but that gun has no size advantage over a 9mm P365, so I don't consider it competition against the Ruger.

I think .30 Super Carry might replace .380. Would be interesting to see a P365 chambered in it.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I'd be curious to get your impressions on KelTec's new striker pistol

I tried it. Definitely feels different from their other guns, kind of Kahr like if I had to give a like comparison. The trigger breaks well but the reset was long for my taste. YMMV.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
If you don't mind stopping by the following exhibitors and asking a few questions, I'd appreciate it:

1. CZ/Dan Wesson: When will the DWX pistol finally be launched? Will the full size or compact models be launched at the same time or not? Photos and feedback on how the pistol feels would be greatly appreciated (if they have them at the exhibit). I'll check when I make it there

2. Anschutz: North America production/distribution seems to have fallen off a cliff in the past year... have they worked out their supply chain issues and when might production resume? I'll check when I make it there

3. B&T: Have they given up on the USW-P pistol? A rather unfortunate issue here, i asked a different question first and the rep i talked to had to go check with another guy who was kind of a dick. I'll swing back by on a different day and see if I can find anything out but I was a bit put off.

4. Smith & Wesson: Will the new trigger system on the 2.0 Shield make its way into the other M&P series of pistols? All of the triggers seem to be the flat faced trigger with glockish dingus. It shoots well atleast for me and feels good.

Thanks!!!

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
I will be interested in checking out the Shadow Systems CR920
https://shadowsystemscorp.com/...hadow-systems-cr920/

(As will my wife.)

That's the one I was referring to but didn't want to leak until they did. I am quite interested as well and will do my best to track them down.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabi:
Sure would like to see a micro compact from HK.
I'd be curious too but no sign of it. Just optics ready versions of their other guns.

posted Hide Post
QUOTE]Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Looking forward to hearing more about the AimPoint Duty red dot. Something smaller in diameter than the PRO or Eotech is a lot more handy on AK-type rifles, this (MSRP reportedly $499) is a lot cheaper than AimPoint's old H and C red dots, and I'm counting on AimPoint to build something better than the made-in-Communist-China red dots you see on AK-type rifles all the time.

So - ANY more information beyond what's in the brochure would be great to have. Date when available would be lovely, since even my cheap self would be willing to gamble at the given MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Crap i was just there today. I'll try to swing back by. It's cool if you are just looking for a tiny aimpoint without the battery tube ala compm4 etc.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Looking forward to hearing more about the AimPoint Duty red dot. Something smaller in diameter than the PRO or Eotech is a lot more handy on AK-type rifles, this (MSRP reportedly $499) is a lot cheaper than AimPoint's old H and C red dots, and I'm counting on AimPoint to build something better than the made-in-Communist-China red dots you see on AK-type rifles all the time.

So - ANY more information beyond what's in the brochure would be great to have. Date when available would be lovely, since even my cheap self would be willing to gamble at the given MSRP.

The owner of Lucid remarked years ago while touring the red dot factory in China that Aimpoint was being made there. They are not 100% Swedish and haven't been for a long time. Issue optics for military contract are assembled here, yes, it's a legal requirement, but the sporting models may not be.

I have a first Gen Aimpoint I bought new, it's still running.

When you examine the nature of what a red dot does, it's simple flat lenses, a tilted internal reflector, and an emitter. Compare that to a pair of good binoculars for half the price and you might question why red dots are so expensive. I also have Leupold Yosemite's I got for $85 and recently picked up some Nikon Prostaff 10x42's discounted at Walmart for $40. Good glass doesn't have to cost much.

I bought a Bushnell 25 refurb from Amazon for $48 and it's a good optic. Far cry from what red dots were in the 1980's. Does everything better, smaller footprint, better view, batteries available not rare, etc. Flat lenses in an aluminum tube with an emitter.

Like some Swiss watches, Aimpoint has built a reputation, it's not junk, but the ratio of dollars for value has a lot of exclusivity built in.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree Tirod. $700 for a red-dot is a lot of $. Aimpoint T and H series products have traditionally been outstanding in regards to quality, but there are companies out there closing that gap without increasing cost.(which is the nature of any competitive marketplace)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
The owner of Lucid remarked years ago while touring the red dot factory in China that Aimpoint was being made there.

I doubt that. Maybe what he was seeing was Aimpoint fake CLONES being made there for the black market. But I doubt that the Swedish Aimpoint company has sourced Chinese optics.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'll be happy to check for point of origin when they hit the retail streets if no one gets a chance to find out at SHOT. AimPoint CS doesn't seem to be picking up the phone today.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

problem is they announced that like a year ago...To be released in Q1 of 2021.

Also, problem is they lose credibility when they announce something, go silent on it and then announce the same exact thing a year later as if it's totally new.

https://americanhandgunner.com...vailable-in-380-acp/

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So - ANY more information beyond what's in the brochure would be great to have. Date when available would be lovely, since even my cheap self would be willing to gamble at the given MSRP.

The owner of Lucid remarked years ago while touring the red dot factory in China that Aimpoint was being made there. They are not 100% Swedish and haven't been for a long time. Issue optics for military contract are assembled here, yes, it's a legal requirement, but the sporting models may not be.

I call BS.

Lucid saying that about Aimpoint would be like the CEO of Ford saying he toured a GM plant and he saw them using asbestos for seat cushioning.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
I will be interested in checking out the Shadow Systems CR920
https://shadowsystemscorp.com/...hadow-systems-cr920/

(As will my wife.)

Update, not only do I want it but I will own one of these unless something weird happens. Very cool little gun, its small but feels great in the hand. They were a very cool couple of guys I talked to in their booth. Great trigger, great feeling gun, basically just shrink down their MR920 and there you have it.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
The owner of Lucid remarked years ago while touring the red dot factory in China that Aimpoint was being made there.

I doubt that. Maybe what he was seeing was Aimpoint fake CLONES being made there for the black market. But I doubt that the Swedish Aimpoint company has sourced Chinese optics.

He's a reputable guy who's been in the optic business a long time and branched out on his own. He posted it openly online and there has been zero pushback from Aimpoint or any of the other companies over the claim.

The Chinese make a large number of optics - they have been designing new units and marketing them to the optics companies as exclusives with their brand on them. This industry isn't a bunch of cottage workmen, they supply the Yosemite binos to Leupold, among dozens of other products, including Nikon IIRC. Germany moved there over 20 years ago, I have a Grundig SW labeled Made in China.

I worked the commercial hardware supply chain bidding contracts to supply door hardware for large buildings. Stanley moved to China in the 90's, Schlage has their lower line units made there. Thinking China doesn't sell much means ignoring the labels on our cell phones and laptops - they own that market. Iphone tried to pull back some production but the lesser units are still being churned there.

I could go on for another half dozen paragraphs, but I will just list brands I know that are Chinese made or use Chinese components: Suunto, Iphone, Samsung, GM, Schlage, Stanley, most of the lithium power tools, Columbia, North Face, and Carhartt. Ford has been using Canadian motors and Mexican transmissions dating back to 1963 - the 289 is a Windsor, Ontario, Canada product.

I doubt very much some guy at Aimpoint CS is authorized to discuss Country of Origin and blab to every phone caller who asks. Much like prying into SIG and which parts are MIM from India - they may have been in the spotlight for that while the other gun companies just stepped back into the bushes and avoided the whole incident. They don't make profit selling the truth, their image is their Brand and it is what sells.

I picked up a Brownells AR15 parts catalog 10 years ago, one of the first they issued, and they marked every part with the US flag if it could be verified it was Made in the USA. Less than half were. Where do all those AR15 parts come from? There are over a half a dozen production plants exported by Colt and set up to make that country's armaments, they aren't sitting idle.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow the pricing on a lot of the stuff I’m looking at has gone crazy.

Was really interested in the Angstadt Arms MDP-9 but at $2500 I’ll pass.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CjGozjY_HvU

LMT is also coming out with a nice one but I just saw that is will be $2900. Crazy talk.

It makes my Sig MPX seem like a steal and I thought is was a little pricy a couple years ago when I bought it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I think we're at that awkward stage between the ending of a panic and the beginning of a relatively normal period, where people ask absurd amounts of money for stuff because they don't quite know where market pricing is gonna go just yet.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
You'd be better off putting the money toward a MP5 clone....lots of aftermarket accessories and resale value.

Or get a Stribog SP9A3, a bunch of mags and case of 9mm for about the cost of the Angstadt.

quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Wow the pricing on a lot of the stuff I’m looking at has gone crazy.

Was really interested in the Angstadt Arms MDP-9 but at $2500 I’ll pass.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CjGozjY_HvU

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I run a MRO on a Midwest Industries handguard for my AK; may be worth looking into. Worked lightyears better than my Ultimak setup.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Looks like CZ/DW is a no-show at this year's SHOT. Funny that the two firearms I'm most interested in, the DWX and the P210 Carry - both of which are significantly delayed (if you can call vaporware that), the manufacturers aren't present at SHOT. Frown

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post