SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did a little more Ammunition stocking up today before California hits us with 11% surcharge tax on July 1st.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did a little more Ammunition stocking up today before California hits us with 11% surcharge tax on July 1st. Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
Stacked high and deep!

Crazy price on the 556, Wanted $700 for 1,000 rounds. Crazy.

I went with 9mm, 45, 357 and 38 special. I passed on the 556 and asked why it was so expensive. Was told because of the wars…

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW, that is crazy.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Was told because of the wars…
Horse shit

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stacked high and deep!

Crazy price on the 556, Wanted $700 for 1,000 rounds. Crazy.

I went with 9mm, 45, 357 and 38 special. I passed on the 556 and asked why it was so expensive. Was told because of the wars…

Don't you have business next door to the Scheel's in Reno/Sparks? Wink

P229

Posts: 3952 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Now that you mention it, I think I do after July 1st.

I do like to support my LGS though…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Yeah, "the wars" have it down to $0.45/round at PSA. Big Grin

And it sounds like California just created a huge black market for anything less than a 10% surcharge.

Fucking clowns.

Posts: 10811 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
11% surcharge tax? That isn't in addition to another tax is it?

WV sales tax is 6% on most everything, but no sales tax on food, guns, and ammo.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7288 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
And it sounds like California just created a huge black market for anything less than a 10% surcharge.

It's California retailers that will be hardest hit. People will buy it out of state when they travel.
Just like California fast food places. So many are closing their doors.
They only hurt Californians when they target California businesses.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
No other state in the US is doing stupid shit like that. I would suggest evacuating where you can buy ammunition anywhere and anytime you want.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

WV sales tax is 6% on most everything, but no sales tax on food, guns, and ammo.

The effective tax will be 21.25% on guns and ammo.

Oh yah, I forgot to mention that a $.50 environmental impact tax will be added to a gallon of gas too in July.

At least I drive a Mustang EV and charge with my solar panels...

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh yah, I forgot to mention that a $.50 environmental impact tax will be added to a gallon of gas too in July.

Aren't they trying to Tax EV drivers by the mile as well?

Bunch of dumbasses if you ask me.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6625 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
quote:

Bunch of dumbasses if you ask me.

Aren't who trying to tax EV drivers by the mile? Cali? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Posts: 7288 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aren't who trying to tax EV drivers by the mile? Cali? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Several states are exploring it, can you tell me why you think its a good idea?

Posts: 6625 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
If they got rid of the $175 EV registration fee the milage tax would work in my favor. I'm retired and don't drive but about 2,500 miles a year or less.

The problem with the milage tax is how do they track it if you are driving in a different state? You know they will tax you on that milage too.

Tax, Tax, Tax! Governments favorite thing Mad

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Link on CA Mile Tax

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Already taxed, but not by the mile: they collect a special fee yearly at registration time. Per my calculations it roughly matches what a driver of reasonably fuel-efficient car with average yearly mileage would pay in gas taxes in one year.

Posts: 144 | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Road Trip. Smile

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Because it would be easier than trying to collect tax by the KW used, but just as long as electric vehicles contribute their fair share of road tax I don't care how it's done.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Because it would be easier than trying to collect tax by the KW used, but just as long as electric vehicles contribute their fair share of road tax I don't care how it's done.

I see, I’m all for fair share but taxing per mile, when one already pays income tax, which should go to infrastructure, plus the yearly tax that has been mentioned, another tax PER MILE seems excessive.

It seems akin to taxing ICE users per mile for carbon emission. Just seems like a slippery slope that could be turned on gas burners in a heart beat.

Then again I think paying tolls are a form of double taxation.

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I see, I’m all for fair share but taxing per mile, when one already pays income tax, which should go to infrastructure, plus the yearly tax that has been mentioned, another tax PER MILE seems excessive.

It seems akin to taxing ICE users per mile for carbon emission. Just seems like a slippery slope that could be turned on gas burners in a heart beat.

Then again I think paying tolls are a form of double taxation.[/QUOTE]

My wonderful state is adding a 50 cent per gallon environmental tax in July…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat