SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shows : What are you watching?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shows : What are you watching? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Just finished NYPD Blue on Hulu. Loved that show.
After binge watching this show, it's difficult to resist the urge to refer to some jerk or other as a "hump"

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I search YT for old movies. Comedy teams often paired for long runs. Hope & Crosby, Hill & Spencer, Martin & Lewis. Think of Martin & Lewis as a serial. I fact they did have a show.

Here's a golf movie...

https://youtu.be/R05_QX9mqEo

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5965 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vagabond on Netflix, Korean drama. It was good fun, until the end. Desperately needs a season 2, doesn’t seem like it will get one.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2364 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
The wife and I are watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. Into season 2 right now and enjoying it so far.

Easily one of the best series I've seen. Just builds & builds, with a great finish.
Still haven't gotten around to watching El Camino.

I really liked El Camino.
At first, I did not like Pinkman, but danged if I didn't find myself really appreciating the guy.

El Camino was a nice bit. Sort of like Serenity to the Firefly series.

And, mojojojojojojojojo, You Better Call Saul. "It's All good, man..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43900 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We started Saul, but never got far enough into it to get invested. May have to give it another shot, as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New season of What We Do In The Shadows. It's hilarious and well done.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
We started Saul, but never got far enough into it to get invested. May have to give it another shot, as well.

It's "different". But I liked it and the quirkiness.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43900 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, here's one trending on Netflix right now. Perhaps it might wet your whistle...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Watched the 1st, and thus far only, season of “Hit and Run” on Netflix. It’s an Israeli thriller series that is obviously headed to a second season. Not bad.

Now watching “The Defeated,” also on Netflix. This is a police drama with a twist. The setting is Berlin, immediately after the end of WWII. A NYPD homicide detective comes to the American sector of Berlin to help German cops set up a precinct and get up and running. So far, I think this is very good. The politics of post-war Germany and the tension between German, Americans, and especially the Soviets is a big part of the story. I recommend this.

Posts: 13272 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I just finished the 3rd and final season of Mr. Mercedes on Peacock. Really enjoyed it and I recommend it. It's based on a Steven King novel.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
What format?

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goliath on Amazon Prime.

Posts: 49 | Registered: January 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I finished Galaxy Quest last night. It took us three nights.

Before covid, I dropped Netflix, youtube premium, cable, and the free Disney with my vz account. I simply cannot sit still long enough to watch many shows anymore.

If I do want to watch something or a series, it takes me months. Prior to Galaxy Quest, we watched Foyle's war. That was almost 5 months of tv for us.

I have tried to get into several shows, but by episode three, I am bored. Clarkson's Farm, Pennyworth, Jack Ryan, Hanna, are great examples.

I watched the world of tomorrow over 4 days. I find that I would rather listen to an audiobook while I work around the house or the property.

So I guess my question is, are my wife and I missing out on something?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Inside #9" on Brit TV. Kind of like Twilight Zone, and anthology series.

Also "Strike Back," about an SAS force. They do war stuff and police issues like hostage situations.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The Expanse
Walking Dead
Rick and Morty

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gspdude
posted Hide Post
Ted Lasso on Apple TV.

Posts: 544 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
What format?

I've been watching on Hulu.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I just finished the 3rd and final season of Mr. Mercedes on Peacock. Really enjoyed it and I recommend it. It's based on a Steven King novel.

Jim

Whats it about?

Posts: 41 | Registered: May 18, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
Binge watching Yellowstone on Peacock.

wife and I started this a few days ago,

finished (and have a thread a few pages back) War of the Worlds last month,

tried to watch Lupin (netflix) but the over dubs are horrible, and the show in 2 episodes is not that good, so I stopped

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gman010:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

Whats it about?

It's about a psycho killer that mows down a bunch of people waiting in line at a job fair in a Mercedes and a retired detective that gets involved finding the guy. A lot of subplots and different storylines in the 3 seasons. The actors are excellent in their roles. As I said, I really enjoyed it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post