SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, 81, is rushed to hospital after tripping and falling at DC hotel dinner
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, 81, is rushed to hospital after tripping and falling at DC hotel dinner Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted
Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell tripped and fell at a hotel and was hospitalized, a spokesman for the senator said.

McConnell, 81, was attending a private dinner at a local hotel when he tripped. He was admitted to a hospital for treatment, spokesman Doug Andres told the press Wednesday night.

'This evening, Leader McConnell tripped at a local hotel during a private dinner. He has been admitted to the hospital where he is receiving treatment,' he said.

McConnell's office did not provide additional detail on his condition or how long he may be absent from the Senate.

Link

Find the guy that tripped him and I'll buy him a beer....

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
My heart is fucking broken! Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Your friend Harry is calling, Mitch. He needs company to shoulder the burning.

Oh, and the Waldorf Astoria in D.C. where McConnell slipped and fell was formerly the Trump International Hotel. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, tripping and falling by an older person is not a joke. I did it last July and broke the Humerus in my left arm--I was laid up in hospitals and rehab facilities for almost 4 months.

I don't support Sen. McConnell in everything he does, but I don't wish situations like this on people.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Let us hope it is nothing trivial

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Yeah, for an old timer like The Turtle, a fall could be pretty serious.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I expect he'll show up with the requisite black eye, having been taught his lesson...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Maybe it'll knock some sense into him.

Unlikely, but we can dream can't we.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well best of luck, falling at that age isn't good, maybe it will send him a message to go back to his Old Kentucky Home and retire.

If he does become incapacitated, KY's governor is a big left wing D, "Little Andy" Beshear, does he get to appoint a replacement, if so wonder if he'll put in Allison Grimes D, a hard core left winger of AOC likeness...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly he had polio as a kid which has caused some of the balance issues. In 2019 he sustained a fall fracturing his shoulder.

Time for a youthful replacement!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he does become incapacitated, KY's governor is a big left wing D, "Little Andy" Beshear, does he get to appoint a replacement, if so wonder if he'll put in Allison Grimes D, a hard core left winger of AOC likeness...[/QUOTE]

Well I hope he heals and gets back to work, he will only screw us half as bad Grimes

Posts: 423 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I don't support Sen. McConnell in everything he does, but I don't wish situations like this on people.

flashguy

It's the only way people like him will relinquish their power and rule over regular people.

At 81 years old and having "served" for so long, I have the belief he lost effectiveness long ago. Yet they keep holding on.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Maybe in addition to mental acuity, we should also just eliminate folks from public office for age and reduce the injury-from-walking occurences.

Heck, term limits would resolve 90+% of this.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Just saw a link in which aids are saying he's got a concussion, too. Nothing has been revealed about the manner of injury, but there is drinking at parties.

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
^^^^

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...alized-several-days/

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) suffered a concussion after tripping at a Washington hotel Wednesday evening and is expected to remain hospitalized for several days, a spokesman for the senator said.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

It's the only way people like him will relinquish their power and rule over regular people.

At 81 years old and having "served" for so long, I have the belief he lost effectiveness long ago. Yet they keep holding on.

The voters in Kentucky keep electing him. It isn't as if Mitch is barricaded in his office refusing to vacate, having lost an election.

Maybe there should be term limits, a view which I am coming more and more to as time goes on. But Mitch can't keep his seat if they don't keep electing him.

I'll be happy that McConnell kept another Obama justice off the Supreme Court. I don't agree with all of anything any politician does, but that is not nothing.

It probably is time for McConnell to retire, but I hope he recovers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Heck, term limits would resolve 90+% of this.

As much thought as the Founding Fathers put into the Constitution, and as relevant as it still is after all these years; I can't believe they didn't add term limits.

I guess they considered it absurd that anyone would ever decide to become a slimy politician as a career choice.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:

As much thought as the Founding Fathers put into the Constitution, and as relevant as it still is after all these years; I can't believe they didn't add term limits.

I guess they considered it absurd that anyone would ever decide to become a slimy politician as a career choice.

They had natural term limits - life expectancy at the time was around 38 years.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post