SIGforum
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, 81, is rushed to hospital after tripping and falling at DC hotel dinner

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7990052994

March 09, 2023, 01:00 AM
navyshooter
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, 81, is rushed to hospital after tripping and falling at DC hotel dinner
Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell tripped and fell at a hotel and was hospitalized, a spokesman for the senator said.

McConnell, 81, was attending a private dinner at a local hotel when he tripped. He was admitted to a hospital for treatment, spokesman Doug Andres told the press Wednesday night.

'This evening, Leader McConnell tripped at a local hotel during a private dinner. He has been admitted to the hospital where he is receiving treatment,' he said.

McConnell's office did not provide additional detail on his condition or how long he may be absent from the Senate.

Link

Find the guy that tripped him and I'll buy him a beer....

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi
March 09, 2023, 01:50 AM
Prefontaine
My heart is fucking broken! Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
March 09, 2023, 02:00 AM
Your friend Harry is calling, Mitch. He needs company to shoulder the burning.

Oh, and the Waldorf Astoria in D.C. where McConnell slipped and fell was formerly the Trump International Hotel. Lol.

Q

March 09, 2023, 02:29 AM
flashguy
Well, tripping and falling by an older person is not a joke. I did it last July and broke the Humerus in my left arm--I was laid up in hospitals and rehab facilities for almost 4 months.

I don't support Sen. McConnell in everything he does, but I don't wish situations like this on people.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
March 09, 2023, 04:18 AM
sunburn
Let us hope it is nothing trivial

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.
March 09, 2023, 05:57 AM
bdylan
Yeah, for an old timer like The Turtle, a fall could be pretty serious.
March 09, 2023, 07:25 AM
feersum dreadnaught
I expect he'll show up with the requisite black eye, having been taught his lesson...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
March 09, 2023, 08:05 AM
cas
Maybe it'll knock some sense into him.

Unlikely, but we can dream can't we.
March 09, 2023, 08:09 AM
HRK
Well best of luck, falling at that age isn't good, maybe it will send him a message to go back to his Old Kentucky Home and retire.

If he does become incapacitated, KY's governor is a big left wing D, "Little Andy" Beshear, does he get to appoint a replacement, if so wonder if he'll put in Allison Grimes D, a hard core left winger of AOC likeness...
March 09, 2023, 08:28 AM
ZSMICHAEL
If I recall correctly he had polio as a kid which has caused some of the balance issues. In 2019 he sustained a fall fracturing his shoulder.

Time for a youthful replacement!
March 09, 2023, 08:31 AM
Calif Phil
If he does become incapacitated, KY's governor is a big left wing D, "Little Andy" Beshear, does he get to appoint a replacement, if so wonder if he'll put in Allison Grimes D, a hard core left winger of AOC likeness...[/QUOTE]

Well I hope he heals and gets back to work, he will only screw us half as bad Grimes
March 09, 2023, 08:38 AM
Edmond
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I don't support Sen. McConnell in everything he does, but I don't wish situations like this on people.

flashguy

It's the only way people like him will relinquish their power and rule over regular people.

At 81 years old and having "served" for so long, I have the belief he lost effectiveness long ago. Yet they keep holding on.

March 09, 2023, 09:01 AM
Georgeair
Maybe in addition to mental acuity, we should also just eliminate folks from public office for age and reduce the injury-from-walking occurences.

Heck, term limits would resolve 90+% of this.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

March 09, 2023, 01:57 PM
sse
Just saw a link in which aids are saying he's got a concussion, too. Nothing has been revealed about the manner of injury, but there is drinking at parties.
March 09, 2023, 04:18 PM
sdy
^^^^

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...alized-several-days/

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) suffered a concussion after tripping at a Washington hotel Wednesday evening and is expected to remain hospitalized for several days, a spokesman for the senator said.
March 09, 2023, 04:54 PM
sse
LOL

Spooked By Jan 6 Footage, McConnell Withdraws Head Into Shell
March 09, 2023, 05:08 PM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

It's the only way people like him will relinquish their power and rule over regular people.

At 81 years old and having "served" for so long, I have the belief he lost effectiveness long ago. Yet they keep holding on.

The voters in Kentucky keep electing him. It isn't as if Mitch is barricaded in his office refusing to vacate, having lost an election.

Maybe there should be term limits, a view which I am coming more and more to as time goes on. But Mitch can't keep his seat if they don't keep electing him.

I'll be happy that McConnell kept another Obama justice off the Supreme Court. I don't agree with all of anything any politician does, but that is not nothing.

It probably is time for McConnell to retire, but I hope he recovers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
March 09, 2023, 05:36 PM
Ironbutt
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Heck, term limits would resolve 90+% of this.

As much thought as the Founding Fathers put into the Constitution, and as relevant as it still is after all these years; I can't believe they didn't add term limits.

I guess they considered it absurd that anyone would ever decide to become a slimy politician as a career choice.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
March 09, 2023, 05:46 PM
Aquilon
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:

As much thought as the Founding Fathers put into the Constitution, and as relevant as it still is after all these years; I can't believe they didn't add term limits.

I guess they considered it absurd that anyone would ever decide to become a slimy politician as a career choice.

They had natural term limits - life expectancy at the time was around 38 years.
March 09, 2023, 06:03 PM
wrightd
Interesting.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster