SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Boy Decided He Wanted a Custom Chess Board, So He Built One ***New Photos of Skull Chess Pieces on PG 4***
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Boy Decided He Wanted a Custom Chess Board, So He Built One ***New Photos of Skull Chess Pieces on PG 4*** Login/Join 
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Posts: 8275 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Very impressive , young man 's got talent.

Posts: 22420 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Impressive, on a number of levels!

With a tiny bit of luck and care, his great-grandchildren will learn to play chess on that board.

Posts: 2521 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice job, especially to have those skills at such a young age.
Drawer construction is impressive.
His first family heirloom?

Posts: 1082 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very impressive work, and he showed significant initiative as well.

Nicely done.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Very impressive!

One question if I may. What is the purpose of the corner elements, just a design characteristic or functional of some sort?

Also, if you and your son haven’t already done so now is the time to start a portfolio. Include time spent, tools used and your photos. Not only will it help him remember years down the road, but he can use it during interviews to show his capabilities.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Well done to both of you!

Posts: 3816 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful heirloom he created. He will enjoy this accomplishment for a very long time.
Wondering if he will try to learn to wood-turn the rest of the pieces?
Congratulations on a job well done.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
It is literally threads like this that make me want to come here and see 'what's new' on the forum.

Well done dad, and well done to your boy!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Very nice, it's a good looking piece, built one back in Jr High in shop sans the cabinet. Still remember the process, it got lost in a move long ago, wish I still had it, he'll enjoy that for many years.

Posts: 24238 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Call me impressed. Tell your boy he did an outstanding job.

Posts: 5538 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Wow, that’s outstanding work!

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Awesome.
There’s just something magical about working with wood..
Totally agree. Well done sir.

Posts: 4000 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I am impressed with his woodworking skills at such a young age! He will go far with his hobby.

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Excellent job.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coming from someone from someone with little to no mechanical ability, what he did was fantastic. I'm so impressed, both with what you told us about him and what he did making the chess board.

Thank you for sharing.

Bob

Posts: 1671 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Impressive and Fantastic. Congratulations...

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Nice work, came out excellent.

Posts: 1653 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
A most excellent piece of craftsmanship

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
This will make for a great father - son memory for both your lifetimes. Plus that's a damn fine piece of work your boy crafted! Congrats to you both!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post