SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wide toe box shoe discussion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Wide toe box shoe discussion Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’m going to try these: https://us.duckfeet.com/
 
Posts: 45892 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Ok Daddy Warbucks Smile


 
Posts: 7021 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I just got a pair of Altras for work. So far so good. Dealing with a couple of pressure ulcers on my feet right now from Hokas. They felt comfortable but were causing issues. I’m an ER nurse working 12 hour shifts so had to find something that works. The toe boxes run wide and my wound care nurse agrees with my choice as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Altra-M...62&sr=1-3&th=1&psc=1




My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
 
Posts: 12361 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Anybody have first had experience with both altras and xeros? Xeros are not bad but made in chicom. I’m okay if the altras are a little smaller than xeros.




"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
 
Posts: 15136 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Good thread. I also need an extra wide shoe and have some success with Sketchers but I will be looking real hard at the shoes recommended here.



.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
 
Posts: 5576 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Anybody have first had experience with both altras and xeros? Xeros are not bad but made in chicom. I’m okay if the altras are a little smaller than xeros.


Me.

Altras are not minimalist they are however just as wide.

I've been wearing minimalist footwear for over 10 years now I wear a size 11 and my forefoot is 4.5" wide. I'll recommend Altras to anyone looking for a good shoe to help with foot strength and a wide toebox, if someone were to be interested in moving to a minimalist shoe Xero or Lems is the next step. beyond that you're getting into sandals and coated socks all the way down to "Shoes? do you wear gloves all the time too!? Big Grin"


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9558 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Hey mister! I don't mean to be tellin' tales outta school, but I was known'st to be able to water ski without skis, without water and without a tow boat, when I was a youngun..."

Not saying, it didn't sting a mite to hear it back then, or nuthin'.

But these feet have took me the world over, a great many trips around the sun.

-duckfootmonkey




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
 
Posts: 46611 | Location: Box 1663 Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I ordered some Xero's and a no name brand from Amazon. Darn Xero's won't be here for two weeks

I will update when I have them.


 
Posts: 7021 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Good thread. I also need an extra wide shoe and have some success with Sketchers but I will be looking real hard at the shoes recommended here.


Same, the Sketchers Wide Fit work really well for me, and are comfortable.
 
Posts: 28567 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Propet shoes and boots. Go to their website and check out the FAQ section. The products have good descriptions of how they are made. The stability walker might work for you.
 
Posts: 1364 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Check out xeros at REI outlet especially with extra 20% off.

ETA: this was the way to go for me since I got a great price (50% off) and was easy return if necessary. I didn't get a preferred color but it was still acceptable. Great way to try something new and fortunately it all worked out well.

Also, for USA made Danner boots, which are as true to fit size as a brand can get, I wear a 7.5 D (same as measured). For the xero, since they don't have half sizes and they recommend sizing up, I ordered an 8. I have no idea how close they are to true fit. So not sure how much of the ample toe box is because of size up or just natural by design. Either way, worked out well - no need to return. Will be especially good in winter when I wear thicker socks. Summer are no cushion ultralight Darn Tough; Winter is cushion medium Darn Tough.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,




"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
 
Posts: 15136 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

I’m going to try these: https://us.duckfeet.com/
Eek THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS? Eek



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 33806 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wide toe box shoe discussion

© SIGforum 2026