SIGforum
Wide toe box shoe discussion

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7990000225

September 01, 2026, 06:02 PM
mark123
Wide toe box shoe discussion
I’m going to try these: https://us.duckfeet.com/
September 01, 2026, 07:16 PM
BigSwede
Ok Daddy Warbucks Smile


September 01, 2026, 07:55 PM
2000Z-71
I just got a pair of Altras for work. So far so good. Dealing with a couple of pressure ulcers on my feet right now from Hokas. They felt comfortable but were causing issues. I’m an ER nurse working 12 hour shifts so had to find something that works. The toe boxes run wide and my wound care nurse agrees with my choice as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Altra-M...62&sr=1-3&th=1&psc=1




My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
September 01, 2026, 08:11 PM
konata88
Anybody have first had experience with both altras and xeros? Xeros are not bad but made in chicom. I’m okay if the altras are a little smaller than xeros.




"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
September 01, 2026, 08:55 PM
Bassamatic
Good thread. I also need an extra wide shoe and have some success with Sketchers but I will be looking real hard at the shoes recommended here.



.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
September 01, 2026, 10:19 PM
FenderBender
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Anybody have first had experience with both altras and xeros? Xeros are not bad but made in chicom. I’m okay if the altras are a little smaller than xeros.


Me.

Altras are not minimalist they are however just as wide.

I've been wearing minimalist footwear for over 10 years now I wear a size 11 and my forefoot is 4.5" wide. I'll recommend Altras to anyone looking for a good shoe to help with foot strength and a wide toebox, if someone were to be interested in moving to a minimalist shoe Xero or Lems is the next step. beyond that you're getting into sandals and coated socks all the way down to "Shoes? do you wear gloves all the time too!? Big Grin"


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
September 01, 2026, 11:29 PM
sigmonkey
"Hey mister! I don't mean to be tellin' tales outta school, but I was known'st to be able to water ski without skis, without water and without a tow boat, when I was a youngun..."

Not saying, it didn't sting a mite to hear it back then, or nuthin'.

But these feet have took me the world over, a great many trips around the sun.

-duckfootmonkey




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
September 02, 2026, 08:50 AM
BigSwede
I ordered some Xero's and a no name brand from Amazon. Darn Xero's won't be here for two weeks

I will update when I have them.


September 02, 2026, 08:57 AM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Good thread. I also need an extra wide shoe and have some success with Sketchers but I will be looking real hard at the shoes recommended here.


Same, the Sketchers Wide Fit work really well for me, and are comfortable.
September 02, 2026, 09:32 AM
sig operator
Propet shoes and boots. Go to their website and check out the FAQ section. The products have good descriptions of how they are made. The stability walker might work for you.
September 02, 2026, 09:57 AM
konata88
Check out xeros at REI outlet especially with extra 20% off.

ETA: this was the way to go for me since I got a great price (50% off) and was easy return if necessary. I didn't get a preferred color but it was still acceptable. Great way to try something new and fortunately it all worked out well.

Also, for USA made Danner boots, which are as true to fit size as a brand can get, I wear a 7.5 D (same as measured). For the xero, since they don't have half sizes and they recommend sizing up, I ordered an 8. I have no idea how close they are to true fit. So not sure how much of the ample toe box is because of size up or just natural by design. Either way, worked out well - no need to return. Will be especially good in winter when I wear thicker socks. Summer are no cushion ultralight Darn Tough; Winter is cushion medium Darn Tough.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,




"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
September 02, 2026, 10:52 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

I’m going to try these: https://us.duckfeet.com/
Eek THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS? Eek



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים