SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Split-tire bicycle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Split-tire bicycle Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Well, he blew out the front tire originally so fix THAT!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12408 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
What was learned from this exercise? Two half circles can substitute for a full circle. What can we do with this revelation?

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
What can we do with this revelation?
Get righteous clicks

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he ever saw the bike wheel with 8 sneakers per tire?
Just taking it to a higher level... or , more than one person can have a similar idea.
Either way, great workmanship.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Very different concept.... What seems odd is how you see him making cut marks in a very casual willy-nillie just guessing where to mark and cut.... and when done it all comes together. ........................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2002 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually could cut the wheel 1/3, 2/3 and it would work too if the synchronization of the two pieces was correct.
Won't do any wheelies on this bike either.
Would like to see how it handles going up the curb also.
Very neat idea though.

Posts: 250 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why reinvent the wheel when it’s perfect in its simplicity. It’s cool but I’m not following any improvement over the original. The weirdest thing is that it’s done on a mountain bike where the long wheelbase and inability to pop the front end up over an obstacle would make it useless.

From the video he had to come up with a better idea since he broke the front wheel. This made going up a curb a worse obstacle because you can’t easily pop the front end up over it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3911 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Yeah, but as one member said, it does get righteous clicks.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have been searching for, and can not find, the BC comic strip in which he invents the wheel and says that it will change the world.

One of the other characters asks what it's called, and BC says, "I think I'll call it . . . fire!"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Why did he do it? Why did Fred Flintstone get the large order of ribs at the end of every episode if he knew it was going to flip over his car?

Would you have watched it all the way through if it was just a guy changing a bike rim?

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why reinvent the wheel when it’s perfect in its simplicity. It’s cool but I’m not following any improvement over the original.
I don't think practicality entered into it, or that he is trying to improve on or reinvent the wheel. I think it's more like "just because I can," for the challenge.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I have been searching for, and can not find, the BC comic strip in which he invents the wheel and says that it will change the world.

One of the other characters asks what it's called, and BC says, "I think I'll call it . . . fire!"

The Pink Panther also invented (independently) the wheel.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the creator has German ancestors? It seems needlessly complicated and a solution to a problem that takes vastly more effort than simply replacing the front wheel with a quality rim/wheel…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I wonder if the creator has German ancestors? It seems needlessly complicated and a solution to a problem that takes vastly more effort than simply replacing the front wheel with a quality rim/wheel…

Are some of you actually being serious when asking these questions? He's doing it for the "CLICKS" as Para already pointed out.

Of course it's needlessly complicated and over engineered and completely impractical. That's the point.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m simply pointing out this guy could really help BMW design their next adventure bike. You have to have a true commitment to engineering ridiculous, needless shit for that kind of gig. Sure it’s done for clicks but for some it’s mostly a cultural commitment to adhere to such an engineering (over engineering) ethos….it certainly is in BMW’s case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post