SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dallas County DA will not prosecute for "low-level" crimes
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas County DA will not prosecute for "low-level" crimes Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Plain and simple. The democrats cannot provide their constituents with safety and security. Crime, terrorism, corruption, graft, border security, incarceration, gun rights, espionage, everything. They just don’t give a fuck.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Lawlessness. What happens to a society when it becomes lawless? It falls - every time.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
So what is a store to do? Stop people who have shoplifted and take back the stolen goods?

What if it can be shown that the vast majority of people they stop are non-white? Isn't that enough to prove prejudice, in the media anyway?

We have to boycott these racists! Eek

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
So what is a store to do?

They close or move to a safer jurisdiction.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In CA, the limit is $950 and the criminal is issued a simple citation and released. Not booked or hauled to jail. Cited and released.

So if I was an entrepreneuring young criminal, I'd walk into the grocery store, steal $100 of groceries Monday, Wednesday and Friday - and ignore the citations.

On Tuesday, I'd hit up Verizon, REI, Bed Bath & Beyond, Costco, Macy's etc. I'd try to run up several hundred dollars per store, haul the stuff home, sell it on Craigslist to generate cash for rent. Yeah baby!

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
So what is a store to do?

They close or move to a safer jurisdiction.

Then they complain about living in a "food desert".

Food deserts are defined as parts of the country vapid of fresh fruit, vegetables, and other healthful whole foods, usually found in impoverished areas. This is largely due to a lack of grocery stores, farmers’ markets, and healthy food providers.

This has become a big problem because while food deserts are often short on whole food providers, especially fresh fruits and vegetables, instead, they are heavy on local quickie marts that provide a wealth of processed, sugar, and fat laden foods that are known contributors to our nation’s obesity epidemic.

http://americannutritionassoci...defines-food-deserts

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
In CA, the limit is $950 and the criminal is issued a simple citation and released. Not booked or hauled to jail. Cited and released.

So if I was an entrepreneuring young criminal, I'd walk into the grocery store, steal $100 of groceries Monday, Wednesday and Friday - and ignore the citations.

On Tuesday, I'd hit up Verizon, REI, Bed Bath & Beyond, Costco, Macy's etc. I'd try to run up several hundred dollars per store, haul the stuff home, sell it on Craigslist to generate cash for rent. Yeah baby!
Well, at least in Dallas that would be stealing "for economic gain" and could get you prosecuted.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, at least in Dallas that would be stealing "for economic gain" and could get you prosecuted.

flashguy

What other type of stealing is there other than for economic gain?

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

flashguy

While it is okay to steal from private businesses and persons, it's NOT okay to steal from the government by paying no taxes.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
They did this in Alaska, and thefts including car thefts went through the roof in Anchorage. When DA won't prosecute, the police will quit showing up to fill out the theft reports and last November's election the voters said "enough."

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Guess when I need a new Xbox, Ill just go to Dallas. Walk in a Gamestop, pick one up and stroll out.

I'm going to keep it, not sell it, so there is no economic gain.

Hell, why buy anything? Dine and dash, free gas, free beer. Hell yeah, maybe I need to move there!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So at what point do these thieves become categorized as "habitual criminals" and DO get arrested and charged??

Exodus 20:15

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I think we can all guess what the Left's plan is when we fall into complete anarchy.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your bucket of FAIL, Dallas.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
So at what point do these thieves become categorized as "habitual criminals" and DO get arrested and charged??

Exodus 20:15

Never.

“Assumed innocent” until convicted. Can’t get convicted if not arrested and tried so perpetually innocent.

Kind of a “Catch -22”

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Assumed innocent” until convicted. Can’t get convicted if not arrested and tried so perpetually innocent.

And this creates a two-tiered system of justice.
If you are white, you get prosecuted. If you are black, you don't get prosecuted.
Of course, it won't be spelled out that way, but whether or not you get prosecuted will depend on where you live.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
So if they are not going to prosecute these crimes are the Law Enforcement Agencies not going to respond to thefts under $750? Is it not a waste of department resources to send out an officer(s) on something that will go no further? Is this amount a diminished value? So the insurance company devalues an item 20% per year if someone is looking for an enclosed trailer just take one that is six years old? Value is less then $750. What is the property value amount limit a Texan can protect with lethal force?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas County Criminal District Attorney John Creuzot, who campaigned on criminal justice reform, announced he no longer plans to prosecute certain low-level crimes.

Sounds like a campaign promise tailored to get the votes of petty criminals and their supporters. Roll Eyes

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Here, read the full text.
https://www.dallascounty.org/A...451i90fACmvzRkZDesNg

The shoplifting aspect is a small part of it. Mark my words the lack of prosecution for criminal trespass is going to hurt the city and mental health resources badly. The mental health facilities are overflowing as it is.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is illegal entry a small crime ?

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post