SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dallas County DA will not prosecute for "low-level" crimes
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas County DA will not prosecute for "low-level" crimes Login/Join 
posted
To include theft of "necessary" items of less than $750 among others. Dallas is a mess.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/...ot-low-level-crimes/

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't this DA be considered an accessory to a crime, then? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Dallas is a shithole.

At least Texas gun laws & personal/property defense laws are fairly lenient towards a legal shooter, so maybe some of the criminals will eat some lead.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas County Criminal District Attorney John Creuzot, who campaigned on criminal justice reform, announced he no longer plans to prosecute certain low-level crimes.

His office is in the process of dropping many of those cases.

It's not just Dallas County. It's the trend in all big cities.
They don't want to prosecute certain "low-level crimes" like shop lifting. Then, when all of the stores close because they've been robbed blind, they complain about living in a "food desert".

Then they wonder why anyone with a job wants to move out and all that they have left is welfare, unemployment, drugs, homelessness and even bigger crime.
Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
He also said his office will no longer prosecute theft cases involving personal items worth less than $750, unless evidence shows it was for economic gain.

wait, what?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Telling thieves that Dallas is "open for business"?

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
An admission that there is no political will to stop it. Businesses will have a response, one of which could mean self defense.
There goes those damn unintended consequences again. Predictable, but unintended. And at least that's not "low level".

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Another step in the californication of Texas.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait What.....If I was hire as a Engineer, and now I can tell my Boss that I don't want to work on any small project that he giving me. Who died and making this John Creuzot "King", and he can decided when to follow the law or not follow the law. John Creuzot is a criminal himself in my book.

P.S.
Tell John Creuzot I have a few Sig that cost less than $750, and he can try to take one from me to test his theory.

Posts: 96 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I always thought a "Low Level" crime was spitting on the sidewalk, or Jay-Walking.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
He has to announce it?

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Yes, the not prosecuting or punishing for low level crimes has worked out real well for Alaska.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Carnac the Magnificent predicts a sharp rise in lawful self-defense shootings in and around Dallas.

Clean you rifle and add another pallet of ammo to the ammo fort.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Yes, the not prosecuting or punishing for low level crimes has worked out real well for Alaska.

It's worked out really well *everywhere* it's been tried.

They're screwed.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas County Criminal District Attorney John Creuzot, who campaigned on criminal justice reform, announced he no longer plans to prosecute certain low-level crimes.

His office is in the process of dropping many of those cases.

It's not just Dallas County. It's the trend in all big cities.
They don't want to prosecute certain "low-level crimes" like shop lifting. Then, when all of the stores close because they've been robbed blind, they complain about living in a "food desert".

Then they wonder why anyone with a job wants to move out and all that they have left is welfare, unemployment, drugs, homelessness and even bigger crime.
Roll Eyes

Vote for us, and we won't prosecute your brother/sister/cousin/nephew/etc who is really just a misunderstood choir boy who was just turning his life around.

The criminal underclass *is* a major constituency of a certain political party, and that party is perfectly willing as patron to wreck civil order to buy off their clients.

It's a double win, because once everything goes to hell... The Party of Free Shit can move in and give away lots of free shit in exchange for more votes.

Hint: Same party.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Maybe they need a refresher course in Rudy Giuliani's "Broken Windows" approach to crime reduction in NYC while mayor.

It bewilders me to hear people complain about the high incarceration rate while benefiting from the lower crime rate in recent decades. They happened in parallel but the do gooders don't seem to understand the relationship to locking up criminals and crime reduction.

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
We’re getting like The Purge.
Life imitates art.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Dallas should check with the city of Seattle and see how well this policy works...

Seattle is Dying

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
To be honest, this DA did run stating this was what he was going to do. Of course the incumbent, a Republican, wasn’t much better.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I didn't vote for him. Now you know why.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post