SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Met Police Chief locked himself in car and watched as terrorist stabbed unarmed officer to death at Commons
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Met Police Chief locked himself in car and watched as terrorist stabbed unarmed officer to death at Commons Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
In all fairness to the UK, Dame Craig Mackey was just following Scot Peterson's example.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
POS

Terrorist was also a POS

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
He’ll have his own ballad at least...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He should have whacked the terrorist with his purse

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Seriously.

A few years ago my 70+ cancer-riddled stepfather was doing maintenance on one of his deer stands during the off season when a young buck charged him from several feet away.

Did he run, duck, or hide? No. He grabbed the nearest fallen limb, whacked that deer in the head as it came at him, jumped on the deer, and slit its throat with an Old Timer knife.

But this punk assed motherfucker hid in a locked car because he didn't have safety gear. Sir Hides Alot of Chickenham should have thought of something, tried and done something.

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Expanding on medic451's post, here's the ballad of Sir Robin. Notice he has a chicken as the emblem on his shield. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Coward.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Here he is getting an award for being the biggest chickenshit in his unit:

Is that him?

Holy crap, after re reading this, and re thinking it....

If I were him, there would be NO way I could face my coworkers the next day, and surely not each and every day.

How the hell could you go to work, and not hang your head in shame? If you could, then I'm astounded...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Peel must be spinning rapidly in his grave.
I couldn't show my face if I did that.
And the "some of us are armed, some of us are not" policy has never made a lick of sense to me.
Maybe our resident Brit will enlighten me as to wisdom of this policy.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Robert Peel must be spinning rapidly in his grave.
I couldn't show my face if I did that.
And the "some of us are armed, some of us are not" policy has never made a lick of sense to me.
Maybe our resident Brit will enlighten me as to wisdom of this policy.

Perhaps a cultural difference, and at least, somewhat of a regional difference here in the US. Per my Dept policy, I am REQUIRED to be armed, unless I am participating in an "organized sporting activity."

Unless I am, I MUST have, at ALL TIMES, my ID, Badge, and duty weapon, or approved off duty weapon on my person. NO EXCEPTIONS. I could literally be fired for violation of general orders if I am not.

posted Hide Post
Armed or unarmed, you see a brother in a fight you had better jump in to help or turn in your badge and resign.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Armed or unarmed, you see a brother in a fight you had better jump in to help or turn in your badge and resign.

Yes.

And beyond that, If I EVER see you tuck your tail and run.... YOu better hope i don't make it and get a state funeral. If i don't, guess who's ass is getting kicked next?

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
Retires in December? Seems he's already retired. I'm NOT LE, but I'd have a hard time facing myself.

Would be nice if he were termintated before his retirement paperwork could be completed.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Retires in December? Seems he's already retired. I'm NOT LE, but I'd have a hard time facing myself.

Would be nice if he were termintated before his retirement paperwork could be completed.

No, he should lose his pension (or equivalent) and spend the next 10 years reflecting how much of a pansy he is.

posted Hide Post
Like someone said, it's a cultural thing. Here, he would have had a closed door session with someone and come out a civilian.

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think running over the POS repeatedly with my car would be the correct thing to do. Take a lesson from the terrorists.

Yup, he had a two-ton weapon right there. He is a disgrace to his uniform, and for sure will never be allowed to forget this.

Coward.

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
His fellow officers will probably mete out some retribution.

The "Attacker" should be better identified as "another not so radical POS".

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

No, he should lose his pension (or equivalent) and spend the next 10 years reflecting how much of a pansy he is.

My sentiments exactly hence the reason Insaid he be terminated BEFORE his retirement paperwork can be completed.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's like that line in Open Range: "You may not know this, but there are things that will gnaw at a man worse than dyin'."

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I'd say cut his balls off, but...

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post