SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Russia's new £3million tank has flushable on-board toilet
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russia's new £3million tank has flushable on-board toilet Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Why are there no photos of this tank toilet? Is it classified?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Right now the only rifled MBT main armament is found on the British Challenger 2 tank - soon to change to smoothbore for commonality with the rest of NATO and the Free World.

The very first smooth-bore tank main armament was the Soviet T-62 tank of around 1960, with its 115mm smoothbore gun shooting fin-stabilised projectiles.

Also note that Soviet/Russian MBTs have been diesel-powered since the late 1930s.

Posts: 11328 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
When you flush the toilet you can see the ground underneath the tank.......

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I won't be impressed unless it has onstar.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’ll be impressed if they can get one through a parade.

Posts: 9966 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I’ll be impressed if they can get one through a parade.

Marching bands have always had to avoid the horse pucky, but now, they also have to avoid the tank doo doo.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
WTF. $3 million bucks. It should have a full locker room with a washer and dryer.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
This can't be true. A tank does not need a toilet.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If they really wanted to do it right, they would make each seat a flushable toilet.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
<snip>
Marching bands have always had to avoid the horse pucky, but now, they also have to avoid the tank doo doo.

I would’ve said, “avoid the tank doo doo too.” Smile

Anyway, I can remember when railroad passengers were requested to refrain from flushing while the train was in the station.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
So what happened to our "groovers? We still use then on rafting toursBig Grin

Anyone ask what happens when even a small anti-personnel mine goes off under it? Or any shell? Fills the interior with aroma? Helps cover the BO?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
What the Hell is this crap?

Who allowed this tank toilet gap?

Listen carefully to my words,

Watch out for Ivan's tankers' turds.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
And here is what happens when a crew member has explosive diarrhea.

https://i.imgur.com/r15X8zZ.gifv

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
WTF. £3 million bucks pounds ($3.9 million). It should have a full locker room with a washer and dryer.
That's what the maid service is for. Big Grin

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyway, I can remember when railroad passengers were requested to refrain from flushing while the train was in the station.

A ditty taught me by my older sister, to the tune of Dvorak's Seventh Humoresque:

Passengers will please refrain
From flushing toilets while the train
Is standing in the station
This means you.
We encourage constipation
While the train is in the station,
When the train moves,
So can you.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I wonder if the sabots might also have fins that enable radar guidance. The photos in the OP link show what might be phased array radar panels on the turret.

Not to my knowledge. They are a high speed ballistic dart.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I've watched the Syrian tank cook off several times, and I don't understand. I would think the tank would have plenty of HE shells. Why did the cook off only go off like powder burning, and not any explosions? Or may be just one mother of all that pretty much levels the tank? One of you tankers please answer.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

A ditty taught me by my older sister, to the tune of Dvorak's Seventh Humoresque:

Passengers will please refrain
From flushing toilets while the train
Is standing in the station
This means you.
We encourage constipation
While the train is in the station,
When the train moves,
So can you.

I thank you, SJ! Dvořák Humoresque No. 7:

https://youtu.be/H3dhH5goUyE

I generally love Dvořák, but I hate his “Humoresque No. 7”. It always brings this to my mind:

“Oopsy Doopsy Poopsy Woopsy…”

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I've watched the Syrian tank cook off several times, and I don't understand. I would think the tank would have plenty of HE shells. Why did the cook off only go off like powder burning, and not any explosions?

Soviet tanks don't have a loader. Instead there are two rings around the base of the turret. One contains the projectiles, the other the "shell" of propellant. The gunner selects the ammo to be fired from his station, the 'ammo ring' moves the round selected into position and brings it and the propellant charge up behind the breech and a hydraulic arm pushes them into the gun.

Neither ring has any protection from....well, anything. So when a bit of spall, hot metal, whatever shoots into the turret, there is a pretty good chance some of it will land on a propellant charge.

WHOOSH.

Here's a video that may make more sense.

And a good video from Australia showing the turret interior.

As for the HE rounds not cooking off, I would guess maybe just a matter of needing more than a flash fire to set them off? Impact from the RPG probably did not strike the rounds, but some of the plasma jet did get into the propellant.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a matter of interest, at full load there's 440kg of propellant stored in the fighting compartment of the T-72.
The on-board toilet reminds me of an incident when I was doing National Service. As a tanker, we used to wear these one-piece flash-retardant overalls. One guy needed to do an emergency dump so he grabs a spade and a roll of toilet paper and runs off to the nearest bush, digs a little hole and squats over it. In his haste though, the overalls had slid into the hole and he ended up crapping in the collar.
What was really funny was as he pulled the overalls up, he managed to flick the log so it smacked him on the back of his head.

Posts: 101 | Location: Jhb, South Africa | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post