SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    * Alabama-Clemson IV: CFP Championship Game Tonight *
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

* Alabama-Clemson IV: CFP Championship Game Tonight * Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
And let's not gloss over it too quickly...Lee Corso was right again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He is a bit annoying but knowledgeable unlike Kirk and Tebow.

Sometimes he is.

Corso’s prediction of Florida over Nebraska is part of Husker football lore (95 National Championship). There’s a YT video of Corso and others picking Florida, and Corso going on and on about the Fiesta Bowl being played on grass.

I won’t embed because probably nobody gives a shit, but here’s a link.

Huskers Can’t Beat Florida Playing on Grass

BTW, Nebraska won by 38

Posts: 13284 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
That was a garbage PR answer. Both tests performed yielded positive results for the PED. I don't think it will get overturned.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I sure hope not. The labs used are very careful in analyzing results. Additionally I believe another sample tested positive at a different lab. The failure to take responsibility concerns me.

From what I understand, A and B samples are taken from the same test - essentially they tested the same urine twice - the second test was just to confirm the results of the first positive.

Sucks for him as I believe it was something ingested unintentionally - giving up millions of $ to come back and play with your team mates and achieve the goal that was the basis for your return.

Regardless, I'm sure he'll still be a high draft pick and this will be a footnote in the history of this year.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sucks for him as I believe it was something ingested unintentionally - giving up millions of $ to come back and play with your team mates and achieve the goal that was the basis for your return.

Yeah I have no idea how that ended up in my urine. Oldest and lamest excuse in the world. I hear this stuff every day from addicts. You have no idea of the creativity some display.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
...Can you post a link to your information on Alabama players being suspended for PED's? ...

https://www.reviewjournal.com/...ed-ped-test-1560106/

Bamajeepster, I guess I read too quickly. I am sorry. Alabama did not disclose the exact reason for their players' suspension, as Clemson did. The timing being the same as Clemson's does make it appear they were caught in the same net, but we are left to wonder. In any case, I don't know that they were caught with positive results.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah I have no idea how that ended up in my urine. Oldest and lamest excuse in the world. I hear this stuff every day from addicts. You have no idea of the creativity some display.

Agreed.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the Iron Bowl, last night brought a smile to a lot of Auburn fans. WDE

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post