SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    * Alabama-Clemson IV: CFP Championship Game Tonight *
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

* Alabama-Clemson IV: CFP Championship Game Tonight * Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
That Ross kid should be goin Pro. Damn good WR!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Gonna be a lotta sad rednecks around here tomorrow.

Clemson came with a great plan and it has worked for them. Bama looks stale and their Defense has been pretty much nonexistent.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, this failure is on Tua, Bama-Defense (or lack thereof), and Sabin's calls.

They could still pull it out, but they are floundering badly.

It’s not a failure, it’s a defeat. There’s a difference. You give no credit to Clemson

Posts: 13313 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Gonna be a lotta sad rednecks around here tomorrow.

Well, maybe a few happy one's from South Carolina ... and the PAC and midwest.

Posts: 4731 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Alabama's o-line can't even hold Wilkins on a double team and stop him from getting to the QB

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23350 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a dog in this one but I watched about every game Alabama played. I’ve only seen a few Clemson games this year but am absolutely amazed at how well Clemson played. I’m also surprised at how early Alabama turned desperate.

Clemson did everything right and....well, you know.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4242 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t have asked for a better outcome. Sorry Bama fans, Clemson might be taking over the reigns.

Posts: 5076 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Clemson was hungry for this game and showed up to play hard. Go Tigers!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kuglespritz,

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
That’s how you utterly crush a team.

The score could easily have been 70+.

Posts: 2328 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I had a good feeling before the game and I have a good feeling now. It's a game. A shocking game tonight.

Hats off to Dabo Swinney, Alabama born and raised, played at Alabama AND coached at Alabama ... hats off to Dabo and his Clemson Tigers. Nick Saban can't have a lot of years left in coaching and I wonder what it will take to get Dabo back to Alabama ... hmmm.

Thank you Nick Saban for quality amateur athletic entertainment week in and week out during the 2018 season. You earned a right to be there tonight. 2019 ... not so much ... so far.

!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!

Posts: 4731 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It’s not a failure, it’s a defeat. There’s a difference. You give no credit to Clemson

It can be both, but yes Clemson defeated Alabama - plenty of credit to them.

Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Great game! I was not expecting Clemson to put up this many points against Bama. I think we’ll see these two teams again playing for the National title next year.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
I predict 'Bama by 15 points.

Ouch!! Needed 6 more touchdowns+ to cover.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1861 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
Great game! I was not expecting Clemson to put up this many points against Bama. I think we’ll see these two teams again playing for the National title next year.
Very likely.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Wow! I did not expect that!

Congrats to Dabo Swinney, his staff, and the Clemson players.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23350 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Hats off to Dabo Swinney, Alabama born and raised, played at Alabama AND coached at Alabama ... hats off to Dabo and his Clemson Tigers. Nick Saban can't have a lot of years left in coaching and I wonder what it will take to get Dabo back to Alabama ... hmmm.

Not a chance. The culture at Alabama can't handle Dabo.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
Not a chance. The culture at Alabama can't handle Dabo.

They can and they did. He wasn't fired or sent away. He just went where opportunity knocks ... they all do.

posted Hide Post
Alabama may have been beaten tonight by their next coach. JMHO. The UA faithful are too addicted to winning, and will pay big $$ to feed that habit. Also JMHO.

Posts: 493 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glynn863:
Alabama may have been beaten tonight by their next coach. JMHO. The UA faithful are too addicted to winning, and will pay big $$ to feed that habit. Also JMHO.

Dabo built Clemson.

Why would he leave that to be Saban #2? It doesn’t make any sense.

It’s a zero upside, high downside move.

Posts: 2328 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm pleasantly shocked, as I'm an Auburn graduate, and any day that bama looses is a good day.
Plus, my son-in-law is a Clemson graduate, and I know how excited he is. I'm sure he's disappointed he wasn't at the game tonight. He (and my daughter) have been to the game the last two years. He would have been there tonight if his wife (my daughter) wasn't expecting their first child within the next 7-10 days...
The new family fear is that this baby will be given a feminine version name of Dabo, Trevor, etc.
Dabette, Trevette, I've got nothing for this... Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post