SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread Login/Join 
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Goodnight Hoosiers!

Yep, that’s the season for my Hoosiers… Miami had a smaller team but used that to their advantage and hit Indiana in the mouth… congrats to Miami, well-played.

… and a well-deserved exit for Kentucky…their players using Name-Image-Likeness rights to make an ATT commercial that played while they were being beaten in real time was precious. Yes, Kentucky, you really are a “one and done” team. Wear it proudly.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mttaylor1066:

… and a well-deserved exit for Kentucky…their players using Name-Image-Likeness rights to make an ATT commercial that played while they were being beaten in real time was precious. Yes, Kentucky, you really are a “one and done” team. Wear it proudly.

Spot on commentary! Gave me a good chuckle.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sticks and stones my break my bones
but comments from people who's teams
haven't made a final four in over 20 years
can't hurt me Big Grin

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Sticks and stones my break my bones
but comments from people who's teams
haven't made a final four in over 20 years
can't hurt me Big Grin

I’m not surprised nor am I impressed with how Kentucky fans perceive themselves.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Although a limited sample, it seems this years’s successful teams are more likely to have small lineups that spread the floor, shoot the three ball and pressure the ball on defense.

It’s also apparent that pre-season rankings are worthless. UNC didn’t make the tournament. KS State was picked to be dead last in their conference…

The Big Ten seems still “stuck” in systems that feature a center, a couple of bruisers that set screens… against teams that spread the floor the Big Ten players seem stuck in mud.

I don’t watch the NBA but watching the occasional NBA highlights I can see that the three ball is the main offensive weapon.

As I am an Indiana fan, I pay attention to IU’s coach. Mike Woodson told the press that coaching Trayce Jackson Davis has been “the only time I’ve coached a center” that was the focus of his offense. Looks like we’re not going to see much more of putting a players “back to the basket” strategy at Indiana.

The days of Bob Knight basketball are truly over in Bloomington.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sweet, both remaining #1's got it handed to them. So nice!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Small ball wins again.
GO CANES!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
UConn-Gonzaga is the match of the day.

Gotta go with where I grew up - Go Huskies!

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:

Reminds me. I smile every time I think of the UConn Huskies. What a great sports team name based on a play on words. “Brilliant,” as the Brits would say.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Kaaayyy, ayyy, ayyy, ayyy, ayyy U! U!!
Kaaayyy, ayyy, ayyy, ayyy, ayyy U! U!!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
Cool

Na na na nah....na na na nah, hey ayy ayy, goodbye

Sorry, could not resist. Razz

Big Grin It's all good...

But not having Bill Self cost us... He had a heart attack, regardless of what the media says. You don't go in for a "standard procedure" that puts you in bed for several weeks right before your team enters the championship. I sure hope he'll be fine and back coaching again, and sounds like that is the prognosis, phew!

Rooting for K-State now - that Nowell kid is crazy good!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:

It'll be a good game. Hopefully not another nail-biter as that UCLA game wore me out. Big Grin

Go Zags!

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Big 10 not so big in late March again this year, and last, and the one before that, etc.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
K State has 4 players from NYC on the team; suppose they were confused about being recruited to Manhattan? Wink

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My school U of H got readily shut down last night. Miami deserved the win.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Looks like FAU's cinderella season will continue. Kansas State looked good earlier, but they just shit the bed.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
This was quite a game:

The top-ranked Nova Southeastern University Sharks kept their perfect record intact by winning the NCAA Division II national championship on Saturday afternoon, defeating West Liberty (West Virginia), 111-101, in Evansville, Indiana.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sp...0.html#storylink=cpy

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
[Thread drift] I realize this is the NCAA Men's basketball thread, but I couldn't not butt in and say, "Go, Hokies!"

VT's women's team is headed for the Elite 8, having outworked Tennessee this evening. Cool [/Thread drift]

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Zags getting smoked. Love it!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Horrible officiating, but yeah, they're playing like crap.

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Sorry, they cannot blame the officials. They just ran into a buzzsaw!
Another choke from a team from an inferior conference.

quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Horrible officiating, but yeah, they're playing like crap.