SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Talk about a bracket buster

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Furman or Princeton? Princeton just beat 2 seed Arizona 59-55. There go the rest of the brackets! Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Furman or Princeton? Princeton just beat 2 seed Arizona 59-55. There go the rest of the brackets! Smile

Both, but I was speaking specifically of UofA’s (my alma mater) loss to Princeton.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I called the Furman win but had Arizona playing next week - Princeton Roll Eyes

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Same ole Wildcats...

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Go Zags!!

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Same ole Wildcats...

Maybe my “sentimental” bracket will work out…. AZ busted my “realistic “ one.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Back in the day, the brackets were brutal, by comparison. There was a "first round" to make some close picks to seed the round of 16 (regional semi-finals). Each conference had its own rules about selecting a team to go. For some, it was the team with the best conference W/L record. The ACC, however, had a "conference championship" game, single game, single elimination, forget your record, winner goes to the NCAA. That was also when "stall ball" was in use, before the rules set time limits on ball handling. And dunking? Shot blocking? forget it. If any part of your body entered the cylinder above the rim, that was called as "goal tending" (offense or defense). It was really a different game in a lot of ways.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Nice to see UVA choke again.

quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
Furman just beat 4 seed Virginia 68-67. I guess that'll wreck more than a few brackets.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Do you gentlemen remember 1987? I am from Syracuse and I sure do!

quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Me and you OP! Loving the Hoosiers rebirth and I've got a sentimental Yahoo bracket with them going all the way.

After IU, I support Purdue and if they are out I don't care long as it's anybody but Duke. Big Grin

Yeah chellim1 I've filled out 3 Yahoo brackets

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

I was a senior at SU at the time. Effin' Keith Smart! Of course, if SU (Derrick Coleman and Howard Triche) had made their free throws it wouldn't have come down to that...

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Yep. That one hurt!

quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
quote:

I was a senior at SU at the time. Effin' Keith Smart! Of course, if SU (Derrick Coleman and Howard Triche) had made their free throws it wouldn't have come down to that...

So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Kaaayyy, ayyy, ayyy, ayyy, ayyy U! U!!
Kaaayyy, ayyy, ayyy, ayyy, ayyy U! U!!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
Cool

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Damn!!! Purdue just got outplayed by a 16 seed. We didn't hustle and were throwing up bricks.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice to see UVA choke again.

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Damn!!! Purdue just got outplayed by a 16 seed. We didn't hustle and were throwing up bricks.

FDU wanted it. One of the smallest teams in the tournament just slew a giant. It was an entertaining game.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
quote:

FDU wanted it. One of the smallest teams in the tournament just slew a giant. It was an entertaining game.

Normally, I take some pleasure in every Purdue loss… but not today. I’d like to see Big Ten teams do well... up until they play Indiana.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My take is they were once again out coached. Three years in a row losing to a 10 or higher seed in the tournament. Painter is obviously a pretty good recruiter but just can't seem to get it done come tournament time.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
quote:

My take is they were once again out coached. Three years in a row losing to a 10 or higher seed in the tournament. Painter is obviously a pretty good recruiter but just can't seem to get it done come tournament time.

As an IU alumnus, I WANT to dislike Painter… but I don’t. I think he’s a good pre-game coach and a fairly good recruiter.

However, Painter doesn’t seem adept at making in-game adjustments. IU has had coaches like that, Archie Miller being the prime example. I think Woodson is good at changing strategies at the half… and he should be a good recruiter with his NBA connections.

Purdue fans have every right to bitch and moan this morning… but winning in the tournament is damn difficult. Izzo is a great coach… but hasn’t won the whole thing since 2000. If Purdue wants to cut off their nose to spite their face… go ahead and fire Painter. As an IU fan I won’t stop them.

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Just like Hubert Davis at UNC.

quote:
Originally posted by mttaylor1066:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Powers77:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tatortodd:

However, Painter doesn’t seem adept at making in-game adjustments. I