SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sewer line service contracts.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sewer line service contracts. Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Thank you for the responses. The letter got put away for later consideration into the recycling bin.
In the past I would just trash those things without any consideration. But advancing age and its associated infirmities combined with making worry free for my wife if anything happens to me made me think and wonder if this would have been a good idea.

And yes, I get bombarded with car warranty offers along with service plans from out gas and electric utilities, those I ignore.

I bet you could go to your utilities web site and they will have a tab/link to direct you to the service.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I'm in the middle of a sewer line replacement for a 100-year-old house which I lease. I'm fairly certain its replacement (due to root-entanglement/briachment of nearby trees) is easily a $30,000 job.

Meaning $4000 wouldn't touch it.

This right here. Digging in your own yard can get expensive, once you're in the street they really take you to the cleaners. Water/sewer tie in work and associated digging seldom happens for less than about $15k if it's bad.

$4000 would get you a scoping, and a spot repair, in the yard.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
With the municipality that I worked for, once it past the curb line going to the sewer, it was the responsibility of the municipality. Other side of the curb to the house was the problem for the homeowner.

Reroute the line if possible leaving the old line in place and reconnect near the clean out providing you don't have any 90 degree elbows, a few 45 degree shouldn't be a problem with the correct pitch. You don't want to go more than a 4% pitch as the rags will stay and the water will keep going.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I got a sewer, plumbing and water line insurance contact at the prodding of a plumber that did not fix my issue. I thought it was a good idea because they could pay to fix the crappy work he did.

I imagine he got a kickback for suggesting the service. When I needed them the same plumber was called by them to do the work. He reported to them that my issue was a pre-existing issue so they denied the claim. I imagine he gets a kickback for reporting pre-existing conditions, too.

Seems like a conflict of interest.

Sewer line issues can be thousands of dollars especially when they have to dig up the road. Unfortunately, these insurance companies do everything they can to not pay.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Well damn its catching on,just got that thing in the mail .All though it was for water line service to my house and for the low price of $5.99 per month and they would gladly put it on the water bill.
The only time I ever had a leak was when the put that electronic meter reader on my side of the meter.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post