SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has your dentist dropped Delta dental insurance?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has your dentist dropped Delta dental insurance? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I just pay my dentist. So simple.

I've had dental insurance for forty years until last year, became such a hassle I just pay as I go.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think it’s an insurance company issue like was stated previously. They are starting to cut payments to dentists and they can’t afford it, it’s not just a Delta issue either as I heard rumblings this past year about dentists starting to drop Aetna dental which is what I have.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have Delta and the Dr’s haven’t kicked us out yet.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had it for years with no issues and still is good to have.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've started using United health Care in the last year and so far so good.
One of the advantages of insurance is that even if I'm paying, I get a better rate for the service than if I just went in as a regular paying customer (the insurance rate).

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the advantages of insurance is that even if I'm paying, I get a better rate for the service than if I just went in as a regular paying customer (the insurance rate).

Why is it that medical services have 100 different prices for the same service?

That's one of the issues that needs to be fixed. There should be a price, that price should be known prior to obtaining the service.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the advantages of insurance is that even if I'm paying, I get a better rate for the service than if I just went in as a regular paying customer (the insurance rate)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Insurance demands a lower allowable charge in return for more business.

BTW you can negotiate a lower rate for yourself. It is less hassle for the doctor and he is paid in cash. Just ask

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Ours dropped Delta as of 09/01/23. Fortunately we were able to find a good local dentist that still works with Delta. We would be in a bit of a pickle dentally speaking if HE dropped Delta.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Ours dropped Delta as of 09/01/23. Fortunately we were able to find a good local dentist that still works with Delta. We would be in a bit of a pickle dentally speaking if HE dropped Delta.

Ask about subscription plans, I think you would be surprised. I did the numbers and my dentist’s subscription plan is not that much different in total cost than what I am paying for Aetna dental.

If my dentist ever drops Aetna, that’s what we plan on doing. We are not leaving this guy, he’s too good.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Probably good general advice.

However, we have delta thru my Wife’s employer which is one of the bigger employers in the area. It is very likely that our new Dentist positioned himself as the net that caught many of the cast off Delta customers from other local practices.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Since I stopped working, I thought not having dental insurance was going to be expensive. But my wife has only needed $2000 in dental work so far. I haven’t needed any. The hygienist said she wish more people would take care of their teeth like me.

I spend about 20 seconds each side of my teeth, upper, lower, inside, and outside. That 160 seconds or just under 3 minutes. And I use a water floss. I learned the 20 seconds rule from a dentist who tried to tell me about it. At the time, I honestly told the dentist I don’t have the time for that as I need to get to work. I wish I had started sooner.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an appointment with an endodontics dentist for a root canal. I have no insurance and just received the quote in the pre-op papers for $1875-$2275. Of course this does not include the $1000 for the crown making the total cost of the job $2875 to $3275. It is one of the far back teeth. (Number 2) At my age I decided to have it pulled at a cost of about $450 by a dental surgeon. I don't get why the doctor can't do the job for the individual for what he gets by going through the insurance company?

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't get why the doctor can't do the job for the individual for what he gets by going through the insurance company?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Because he would go out of business with their low fees. Try a subscripton service if the dentist offers it. The worst paying is the MA plans with their "free" dental services.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Just made an appointment with a reputable dentist one town over, she accepts Delta PPO (not HMO), so we're good.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post