SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It is about preserving brain cells and preventing TBI. Those helmets only absorb so much of the force.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
It is about preserving brain cells and preventing TBI. Those helmets only absorb so much of the force.

Righto. But those of us that have played Defensive football know that it’s not always black and white. Few things are.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, but the offensive player needs to be a part of preserving his own brain cells. If he lowers his helmet into the defender's helmet then the defender shouldn't be punished.

Brain dead zero tolerance rules are never a good idea.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23262 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But those of us that have played Defensive football know that it’s not always black and white. Few things are.

^^^^^^
I played QB, so I am a bit prejudiced. Too many things going on when you are playing that position.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
So the Buckeyes have to beat Clemson and the officials. Sheesh.

Three steps after making a catch, and they rule not a fumble, but incomplete. Talk about three game-changing plays:

1. Questionable targeting call on 3rd down-Clemson continues drive and scores touchdown
2. Roughing the kicker when the rusher was clearly pulling up-Clemson drive continues for touchdown
3. Reversing the Buckeye defensive touchdown-7 points Buckeyes don’t get

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
OSU needs a shift in momentum - they haven't had the initiative since the 1st half.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Clemson's interior line play, especially on Offense sucks. Cannot run the ball. And cannot put any pressure on the OSU qb.

Clemson's qb has been running for his life all night.

Probably both due to OSU's line play.

I think the official's got the incomplete pass call right.

The roughing the kicker was a no brainer.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Gutsy 4th down play call from tOSU that paid off big time!

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23262 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah the roughing the kicker was an easy call, no debate there.

I hate the zero tolerance targeting as well when the offensive players drop down creating helmet to helmet.

Looks like OSU got it's game back, with Dobbins running and the 4th down call.

We'll see what Dabo and his boyz can cook up in response.

posted Hide Post
Iowa Hawkeyes roll over USC or is it SC? I don't think they know, might be why they don't have a football identity.

Posts: 14 | Registered: December 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Nice play for Clemson.

posted Hide Post
Lotta time left, OSU is probably better off for letting them score a TD. Now it's theirs to win or lose.

Either team is going to be a good match for LSU in 2 weeks, but I think Clemson would give LSU more trouble than OSU.

posted Hide Post
I dont think that was the OSU strategy. Will see how their two minute drill goes.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm. Nice play for Clemson.

Four of them.

May of scored too soon. Red Face

And burning timeouts needlessly almost always comes back to haunt you. That drives me nuts.

posted Hide Post
Yeah that throw is gonna sting OSU for the next year...

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Fun back and forth game. Congrats to Clemson.

posted Hide Post
LSU and Clemson should be a great game.

posted Hide Post
Lived up to the hype. Great game.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Not sure the better team won, but the scoreboard said so and that is all that counts.

Clemson coach said it right. Too bad someone had to lose. A hard fought game. Kudos to both.

I do not think Clemson has the interior line to handle LSU. They got handled by OSU but made enough plays to win.

Tough to do against an even better unit.
Clemson's qb is a gamer though.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I don’t see Clemson beating LSU. But that’s why they play the games.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post