SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21 Login/Join 
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t be a Badger fan if I didn’t pick em, so 38-37 Wisconsin!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Dang, Badgers showed up to PLAY!

I think OSU has been listening to too much ESPN hype!

And Chase Young, the self proclaimed "most dominant player" has been pretty much non-existent.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Some bowl committee members are probably getting a little nervous.

OSU forced to punt again.

Whoa! Faked it, first down, Buckeyes.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vegas oddsmakers are nervous on this one. Gotta give OSU credit though for creative play calling. It ll it shifted momentum at least for awhile.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DAMN!!!!!!

BUTTERFINGERS!!!!

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
amazing Eek

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Someone forgot to tell Wisconsin that there are four quarters in a game.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Someone forgot to tell Wisconsin that there are four quarters in a game.
Damn, soooo true.

posted Hide Post
Cheeseheads are outta juice.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
It’s gonna take em two weeks to scrape Wisconsin’s QB up off the turf after that last play.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
It’s gonna take em two weeks to scrape Wisconsin’s QB up off the turf after that last play.

Dude, he rocked that guy.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Dude, he rocked that guy.

I saw that hit coming a mile away. No way they were gonna let him get in.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Well, it started out well, but didn't end up the way I wanted.

Buckeyes made some great adjustments at half, especially playing the zone D.
Coan had nowhere to go with the ball in 2nd half.

With all the 3-and-outs in the second half, the Badgers D was pooped, and Dobbins piled on some yardage.

Still a better showing than I thought they'd put up.

Looking forward to a QB change for next season. Hopefully, the red shirt freshman Mertz can bump Coan out for the starting spot.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was sweating for sure. A lot of swearing going on too and I think a few people learned some new phrases from me.
Badgers came to play in the 1st half but ran out of gas 2nd half.
Good season for most of the Big10.
I think LSU gets #1 and OSU #2. Georgia is out and I'd think Oklahoma gets in.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:

I'm sure the biggest question the committee has is 1 vs 2 between OSU / LSU. Clemson is 3 and OU is 4. GA Dawgs only chance was winning yesterday or losing by a nail biter, but they got crushed. PAC-12 is history and playing in the cheap seats.

I have lots of family who like LSU and one thing I prefer is Coach O and Burreaux saying "We don't care what we are seeded, we'll play anyone, anywhere. Send us to Canada and we'll play in a gravel lot.".

Should be a great playoff series.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:

I'm sure the biggest question the committee has is 1 vs 2 between OSU / LSU. Clemson is 3 and OU is 4. GA Dawgs only chance was winning yesterday or losing by a nail biter, but they got crushed. PAC-12 is history and playing in the cheap seats.

I have lots of family who like LSU and one thing I prefer is Coach O and Burreaux saying "We don't care what we are seeded, we'll play anyone, anywhere. Send us to Canada and we'll play in a gravel lot.".

Should be a great playoff series.

If I was on the selection committee, I'd have a tough time too.
Both undefeated, both played their cream puff games but also beat ranked teams. Tough call.
These playoff games are really not a calm time for me. Hahahaha. I remember a few years ago on New Years Eve OSU played Clemson IIRC and got destroyed.
I always like to think the Big10 can match up against anyone but sometimes it's just not true.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Big Ten Championship Wrap-up:
Congratulations to the Ohio State Buckeyes on their 3rd straight Big Ten Championship.

I was correct on tOSU winning, but wrong on covering the spread. As expected, WI learned more from the first game than tOSU and they came to play with a great plan. Hats off to tOSU's coaches for the incredible half-time adjustments and the tOSU players for their dedication to conditioning and never give up spirit. WI was out of gas and tOSU had a better plan which resulted in their defense pitching a 2nd half shutout and their offense putting up 27.

Another fun Big Ten regular season is in the history books and it was entertaining as always. Looking back on page 1:
  • I was wrong on Big Ten East winner and wrong on Big Ten champ. I definitely didn't expect tOSU's first year head coach to lead his team to such an amazing regular season.
  • I certainly didn't expect MN to be undefeated after 10 weeks. They were an even bigger surprise than tOSU.
  • As a Purdue fan, I never would've guessed Purdue's all-American WR and starting QB would be lost for the season on the same play, our all Big Ten d-linemen wouldn't play a down all season, our co-captain LB would be lost for season. Most of all, I would've never guessed that a group of 2nd and 3rd string freshman and sophomores would play so well as starters leaving me very excited for the future.

My plan for the Bowls & playoffs is similar to past years:
  • I'll post the full bowl season schedule when it's announced
  • A few minutes/hours before the actual bowl game(s), I'll post how to watch info and post a WAG on winner and spread.
  • I'll root for ALL Big Ten teams to win; even UofM and IU.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23260 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Hobbs
    posted Hide Post
    SEC fan, but of course I watched the BIG championship game.

Last play of the game and no one at the time on TV nor in this thread have mentioned that Ohio State no.41 "Targeted" the Wisconsin QB. One reason why the hit looked so big. Crown of 41's helmet to the head of Wisconsin QB. Should have been called or at least reviewed. It was obvious, intentional and vicious. IMO

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqCOXtvi-EE

Posts: 4701 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hobbs:

Last play of the game and no one at the time on TV nor in this thread have mentioned that Ohio State no.41 "Targeted" the Wisconsin QB. One reason why the hit looked so big. Crown of 41's helmet to the head of Wisconsin QB. Should have been called or at least reviewed. It was obvious, intentional and vicious. IMO

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqCOXtvi-EE

You're absolutely correct.
    I was out with some friends watching the game and it was a huge hit. Almost everyone at the bar I was at collectively was like, "Damnnnn".
    Bucks basically got manhandled in the 1st half and adjusted the 2nd half.
    I'm not going to make any excuses at all. Nasty hit.

Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Crown of 41's helmet to the head of Wisconsin QB. Should have been called or at least reviewed. It was obvious, intentional and vicious. IMO

I agree. Pause at 0.07 and 0.08 and you see the targeting clearly.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post