SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21 Login/Join 
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Penn State is starting to fall apart in the second half. Hope they can hang on.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great game so far.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got out of hand fast. TOs and that run game were brutal. Impressive TE for PSU too.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I know it's not Big10 related, but who invited Oklahoma to the Peach Bowl?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think PSU or Iowa, maybe even Wisconsin wouldn't have let LSU put up 49 friggin points in the first half.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^
LSU is that good, particularly Burrow. Sorry about the drifts.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:

They have 2 losses, but UGA would’ve put up a better fight against LSU.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I was very impressed with Iowa over usc, Their running game was awesome..
Penn State also made the Big proud, Go Bucks.. and I will definitely be cheering for TTUN..to beat Bama.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Dobbins!!! Impressive run.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Dobbins!!! Impressive run.

Couple of them, wow.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:

They have 2 losses, but UGA would’ve put up a better fight against LSU.
Yeah, but we've already seen LSU eviscerate UGA, there is no need to see it happen again.

Clemson is looking pretty over-rated right now as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lawrence is one tough guy. That was a good comeback from that targeting call. Good red zone defense by Clemson. Should be a good second half.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The targeting rule needs to be amended. Lawrence ducks his head right before the hit. He never would’ve taken a shot in the head if it weren’t for that. It’s not reasonable to expect any defender to adjust for that when running full speed.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The targeting rule needs to be amended. Lawrence ducks his head right before the hit. He never would’ve taken a shot in the head if it weren’t for that. It’s not reasonable to expect any defender to adjust for that when running full speed.
Agreed. Example of a brain dead zero tolerance rule.

Drive was over, but that targeting call is an automatic 1st down plus an ejection. After the ejection, there isn't the star safety and Clemson's offense benefits.

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I said the same thing back on page 5 of this thread Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
I feel the rules for “Targeting” definitely need to be reviewed and modified.

I think it should be similar to how they enforce boarding or charging in hockey, where if the other player does something immediately prior to the hit that put themself in jeopardy, there should be no call.
All too often, when I see targeting called in college football, upon review, I see the other player turn, or dip their head just before contact, so the defensive player has no chance of making a tackle without contacting them in the head.

Now, the Badgers are sans 2 safeties for the next game.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They ought to have the instigating penalty in football too.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
OSU making a lot of mental mistakes on D-fence. Killing themselves letting Clemson get more time on Offense due to stupidity.

There is another Clemson TD due to penalty by OSU.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Yep. Roughing the punter. OSU seemed preoccupied with playing with extreme prejudice.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Re the targeting call.

You cannot lead with the crown of your helmet, period.
He did, like it or not. He had his head down and led with the crown of his helmet.

I do not particularly like the rule either. But it is currently the rule and they got it right.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post