SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An example of why FTF drills help in an emergency
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An example of why FTF drills help in an emergency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not quite sure how some out there think not obeying a LEO will end well? That thought is beyond me. Good job officer!

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
As was mentioned, I'd be curious to know how many connected. He didn't seem to flinch at all except when he took one in the leg?
Me too. It had me wondering what kind of rounds she was shooting and whether he had on some kind of vest. Didn't look like it.

Where did we get this seemingly endless supply of fatalistic idiots that want to challenge police? Like someone said above, over wearing a mask into a store. As soon as I saw his weapons in the video I knew he was committing suicide by cop. Fricking weak ass mental midget. Yes, I'm trampling on his grave. If I were his parent I would be ashamed on multiple levels to have produced such an imbecile as this.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7260 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over wearing a mask no less!
^^^^^^^^
Many years ago growing up in an urban environment I learned not to fuck with people. Many years later that still holds true, particularly on our highways.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
oh dang. Only question I have is why did she wait so long to shoot? He had a knife advancing on her, she's lucky to still be alive. Once she started shooting though, she was cool as a cumber. Handled her malfunction like a champ!

As was mentioned, I'd be curious to know how many connected. He didn't seem to flinch at all except when he took one in the leg?

It’s called the Ferguson Effect. Or have you seen the news lately?

Posts: 4059 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are all the hits to the window through and through shots or misses ? That dude seemed hopped up on something as that’s a lot of hits before taking the dirt nap. Adios POS

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
It almost looks like he is wearing Body Armour under his t-shirt? If you slow it down and at about 32 second mark, it seems there are body armor straps and as it continues his shirt seems to be printing on something. Maybe just his jumping around but sure looks like armor printing. This might explain why he didn't fall quicker.

She did great, glad she is able to go home after this.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Good on the LEO for putting down that POS.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
She had a light on her pistol and it’s possible to see where it’s pointed in the closer images from about :32 to :34 or so. Many of the earlier frames show the light pattern low on the attacker’s torso, groin, and legs, so I would guess that some of the early shots were low as well. Later they move up onto the chest. At one point there appear to be indications of hits. Two black spots are visible on the right side of his shirt just behind his elbow, and some of the frames show one or two dark spots on his pants about hip level.

Although it’s just speculation, my impression of the incident was that the attacker knew he was going down for the stabbing and decided he was going to resist and go down as hard as possible. Such incidents are most common in military combat and sometimes in law enforcement encounters, and when they do occur mindset can make a huge difference in how determined combatants and criminals respond to being shot. It’s in situations like that that projectile power and performance and the luck/skill of projectile “placement” become much more significant factors.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested to have confirmation on the officers gun make (Glock?), its caliber, type of load she was carrying (using), how many shots she fired and, how many rounds actually hit the suspect (and where he was hit).

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why? You writing a book?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is gonna be a best seller!!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'd also like to know the caliber and type of rounds....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
her performance was outstanding-- glad she prevailed

great training video and definitely worthwhile to practice clearance drills

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Great video...I thought her reactions were close to perfect. That dude meant her real harm.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The two cops that trained me, had me practice every imaginable jam possible. It became instinctive after a while.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The two cops that trained me, had me practice every imaginable jam possible. It became instinctive after a while.

Or carry a S&W Smagma for a while. It becomes very instinctive to clear jams.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. She did a fine job.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
After watching the video several times, I'm thinking that there were actually two stoppages or failures with the officer's gun. The :34 mark clearly shows the aft portion of the underside of the slide indicating that it was either locked or stuck open, just before the perp makes contact. I believe that the perp quickly realized that the officer's gun was inop and saw that as the opportunity to press his attack, however there also seemed to be a bit of hesitancy/ indecision in his attack tactic, almost as if he was momentarily indecisive about whether to go for the officer herself or for the gun. When he landed his physical blow on her wrist he could have easily chosen to use the bladed end of the screw driver to puncture or slash her wrist, but instead used the blunt handle to make contact.

The officer continues to retreat, using her off hand defensively to ward off the knife, and as the fight gets in close and the camera angle changes we briefly get a good view of the officer's trigger guard, but the gun then disappears from view and when it next reappears, the slide is now back in battery. As the officer continues to retreat and the perp drops the two weapons and bends over to pick them up she raises the gun as if to shoot but there is no shot and by the :36 mark she is now executing a slide rack, and then resumes firing until the perp collapses to the ground. Pure guess on my part that, however the slide returned to battery, it may have failed to chamber a round, requiring the slide to be racked to chamber a round.

He made his charge and got waaaay too close to her...but way to go and stay in the fight officer!

Some good lessons and reminders so thanks for posting the video of this incident.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Good outcome and great job staying in the fight after the jam

Curious as to why she waited as long as she did to start shooting given the number of warnings she issued

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Good outcome and great job staying in the fight after the jam

Curious as to why she waited as long as she did to start shooting given the number of warnings she issued

It is called the Ferguson Effect. Or, “have you seen the news lately about anything a cop does”?