SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is the guy you call when you want to kill everyone in the room
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is the guy you call when you want to kill everyone in the room Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Impressive speed, but the hunch-n-bob-n-weave at the end of each had me chuckling.

Or as Pat McNamara calls it, “range theatrics”. His speed is impressive but what are the chances of people dying/being unable to shoot back after only one shot? He may get off the first shots but he will need to keep firing until they stop moving. Outside of a well placed head shot people normally don’t die that quick. I had a SWAT officer tell me about how long it seems to take for someone to die when you are shooting at them and they are trying to kill you. He said it seems like an eternity.

I'd imagine he'd have enough time to deliver a second better aimed shot to anyone still posing a threat. Those drils look like they're designed to create the time to make decisions on who's still a threat.

The problem is that improper training ingrains bad habits. He’s obviously spent hours training so he will be apt to fire one shot and stop (which in real life allows the bad guy to fire back). I realize his bobbing and head movement is supposed to simulate assessing it he should continue to fire and not stop after one shot.

So after one short video you can determine not only what the shooter is trained to do, but you can also determine what faults are built into the training? Well ok then....

Posts: 7082 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem is that improper training ingrains bad habits. He’s obviously spent hours training so he will be apt to fire one shot and stop (which in real life allows the bad guy to fire back). I realize his bobbing and head movement is supposed to simulate assessing it he should continue to fire and not stop after one shot.

It’s “family style” serving. Everybody gets some before anyone gets seconds. Wink
I imagine seconds and thirds could be severed up right quick by that guy.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3783 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
He's so fast he can shoot himself four times before he even knows it. Razz

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2097 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
at the risk of stating the obvious,

He is also practicing the concept that in close quarters you should keep your weapon close to you so it can't be grabbed

the bobbing and weaving is to survey the scene after shooting.

Tunnel vision is quite common in a shooting. That means your entire focus (and awareness) is only on the threat immediately in front of you.

So the turning left and right rapidly is training him to immediately check for more threats and break tunnel vision, and in his scenario there are obviously threats from all 4 directions so scanning side to side is a good idea to reevaluate

not preaching, just throwing out some thoughts

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) The man is clearly skilled.

B) I think a sawed off shotgun would be a better CQB weapon than a handgun

Posts: 5786 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
But I’m being a smart****

Posts: 5786 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I was going to be a wise ass and say is that all he's got. But, that is very impressive. Eek

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, he’s fast! With all that practice in such an enclosed area, bet he can’t hear a lick. I’ll just sneak up on him & stab his ass.

Posts: 5772 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
The other aspect, and I don’t think it’s fake, is the name is “John, son of Wick,” in Polish, right?

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A “sawed-off” shotgun would not be a better weapon for that (admittedly highly unrealistic) situation. The smallest possible version would be far larger and slower to maneuver than a handgun and would be easier for an attacker to grab or deflect at such close distances. It would also be unhandy to conceal, and especially to holster to allow using both hands for other purposes before shooting. If carried concealed, what system would permit it to be drawn as quickly as the handgun? Then there’s the problem of operating the gun. A slide action (“pump”) gun would require both hands to cycle. An autoloading SBS could be operated with one hand—assuming it functioned properly that way.

Most significantly, though, is ammunition capacity. The 14 inch SBSes I am familiar with hold four shells in the magazine; adding one in the chamber gives us five, or about one-half to one-third of what most pistols carry today. An SBS that was small enough to be carried and handled in anything being close to what was possible with a handgun would hold what? Two or three rounds, maybe? Don’t miss, and maybe it would be good to have a bayonet on the thing as well. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47468 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many holes he has in his jacket.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5439 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
at CSAT, we have to do the check down, left, right with the gun, then over both shoulders . . . then safe and holster.

Everytime you shoot no matter the drill.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3612 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The Real John Wick would do all that with a pencil.

A foooking PENCIL. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I would be afraid to even try that
I imagine that he worked up to it, slowly.

Probably with airsoft first. That's a lot of muscle memory to program without starting off with a safe training aid. Probably zinged himself many times in the process, too.

I took training with a former Austrian Close Protection contract operative who taught much the same techniques. Techniques proven back in the heydays of Black September and Red Army Faction.

The class was tittled High Speed CQB.It isn't taught at a complete sequence, but as four separate techniques. We were taught to execute each technique and then back away to put more shots on target until the threat was down. What you're seeing in the video clip is the four techniques combined.

He instructed in the technique, then had use practice with an empty gun while closely watch how we moved. The important point is to keep you hands/arms out of the way as the muzzle crosses your body Then we shot it at half speed before going to full speed.

We learned a faster way to engage a target behind us, but it entailed moving forward instead of standing still. The technique was based on a person, standing behind you, holding a gun to your head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 9mmepiphany,

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14214 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't think I want to walk anywhere near him.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
I can do that. I just don't want to right now. Razz

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Impressive.

He just might even be faster than The Waco Kid!

Posts: 3515 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
That's pretty damn impressive.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Looks that I need more practice. Eek

Posts: 23028 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
at CSAT, we have to do the check down, left, right with the gun, then over both shoulders . . . then safe and holster.

Everytime you shoot no matter the drill.

Same at Sig Academy....or used to be anyway.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38857 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post