SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is the guy you call when you want to kill everyone in the room
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is the guy you call when you want to kill everyone in the room Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I would be in the hospital with an embarrassing explanation.

Posts: 3954 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I don't think they'd let me do that at my local gun club.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I suppose there are different levels, right?

There's:
novice
experienced
good
better then good
damn good
excellent
holy cow
jesus h christ
OMG

then there are those times when things defy reality like:

no way that's possible
Has to be cgi
#fake

but once in a while you hit God Mode

that is where this guy is

First In Last Out

Posts: 4792 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
I suppose there are different levels, right?

There's:
novice
experienced
good
better then good
damn good
excellent
holy cow
jesus h christ
OMG

then there are those times when things defy reality like:

no way that's possible
Has to be cgi
#fake

but once in a while you hit God Mode

that is where this guy is

Pretty cool. Might be pretty damn accurate.
I like it.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4087 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Father would like a word...Cleric.

Posts: 1611 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“You’ll poke your eye out!”

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8385 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
I shot my elbow just watching it. People around him are already shot before they can react.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
This is the way.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Damn. That’s not the guy you walk up behind and tap on the shoulder.

Posts: 3251 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Father would like a word...Cleric.

HA! I was thinking about this very thing. Been forever since I have seen this.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7749 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Impressive speed, but the hunch-n-bob-n-weave at the end of each had me chuckling.

Posts: 3667 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We could be looking at the low end of his capabilities. Live fire must be regimented to some degree for safety's sake. He could do much better if those concerns were removed.

The benefits of highly developed hand/eye coordination can't be understated.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I would be afraid to even try that
My thought as well.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Impressive speed, but the hunch-n-bob-n-weave at the end of each had me chuckling.

Or as Pat McNamara calls it, “range theatrics”. His speed is impressive but what are the chances of people dying/being unable to shoot back after only one shot? He may get off the first shots but he will need to keep firing until they stop moving. Outside of a well placed head shot people normally don’t die that quick. I had a SWAT officer tell me about how long it seems to take for someone to die when you are shooting at them and they are trying to kill you. He said it seems like an eternity.

Posts: 4159 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:

Or as Pat McNamara calls it, “range theatrics”. His speed is impressive but what are the chances of people dying/being unable to shoot back after only one shot? He may get off the first shots but he will need to keep firing until they stop moving. Outside of a well placed head shot people normally don’t die that quick. I had a SWAT officer tell me about how long it seems to take for someone to die when you are shooting at them and they are trying to kill you. He said it seems like an eternity.

I'd imagine he'd have enough time to deliver a second better aimed shot to anyone still posing a threat. Those drils look like they're designed to create the time to make decisions on who's still a threat.

Posts: 7082 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It is good for us mortals from time to time to see what is possible

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4360 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the land lord called , six neighbors want you out by noon tomorrow

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54877 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
It is good for us mortals from time to time to see what is possible

Yes, that’s what it was. The demonstration included highly artificial elements, but all range sessions do to some degree. One thing that isn’t artificial is that anyone with a bullet in him is less of a threat than he was the instant before he had a bullet in him. There is a ridiculous idea that sometimes still gets bandied about that handguns are poor defensive weapons, but the exact opposite is true. For close distance engagements, the handgun is the best defensive weapon ever developed. Nothing else gives someone as much chance of defending against armed attackers at close range as the skilled use of a handgun.

And it isn’t about dying, it’s about affecting the target’s ability to threaten us. Anyone who is actually interested in the subject and watches the many Internet videos of shootings will see how many shootees whose immediate reaction to being shot with a handgun is to fall down and stop being a nuisance. Are there sometimes exceptions? Yes, but again the question is: What’s better, to be facing someone who is dealing with whatever effects a gunshot caused him, or someone who hasn’t been shot at all?

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47468 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:

I'd imagine he'd have enough time to deliver a second better aimed shot to anyone still posing a threat. Those drils look like they're designed to create the time to make decisions on who's still a threat.

The problem is that improper training ingrains bad habits. He’s obviously spent hours training so he will be apt to fire one shot and stop (which in real life allows the bad guy to fire back). I realize his bobbing and head movement is supposed to simulate assessing it he should continue to fire and not stop after one shot.

Posts: 4159 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
I would bet that any one of 4+ bad guys confidently surrounding him that suddenly all have a bullet in their chest or gut in under 1/2 a second are NOT thinking about continuing the fight and instead have "WTF!!??" going through their brains..

As for his bobs and weaves afterwards, he might as well start break dancing a victory dance afterwards and I'd be just as impressed.

Posts: 4356 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post