SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FL woman told to take down BLUE Lives Matter flag (US flag with blue stripe) because its "racist, offensive and anti-Black Lives Matter"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FL woman told to take down BLUE Lives Matter flag (US flag with blue stripe) because its "racist, offensive and anti-Black Lives Matter" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I would just raise that flag and let her fly. Take me to court - let's see how far you're ready to go to defend and endorse this organization who's motto is, "What do we want? Dead Cops!"
^^^This. The other side refuses to concede on anything, and we should adopt that very same position.

Something similar happened up here in a Chicago suburb. A friend of mine had a rather large Trump sign IN HER BACK YARD. A Policeman came and told her she had to take it down within 24 hours because it violated the size requirements for signs in that community. The sign was appx. 5X5. When she refused, he went into her backyard and took it down himself. It's time for us to stop being so ......silent. When people assemble for peaceful rallies in support of their candidate and are attacked by the opposition it's time to adopt their tactics and fight back.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I would just raise that flag and let her fly. Take me to court - let's see how far you're ready to go to defend and endorse this organization who's motto is, "What do we want? Dead Cops!"
^^^This. The other side refuses to concede on anything, and we should adopt that very same position.

Something similar happened up here in a Chicago suburb. A friend of mine had a rather large Trump sign IN HER BACK YARD. A Policeman came and told her she had to take it down within 24 hours because it violated the size requirements for signs in that community. The sign was appx. 5X5. When she refused, he went into her backyard and took it down himself. It's time for us to stop being so ......silent. When people assemble for peaceful rallies in support of their candidate and are attacked by the opposition it's time to adopt their tactics and fight back.

What?!?!?

The police enforce covenants of HOAs in Illinois? That's fucking crazy. Here is a private contract and you'd need to go to court to resolve a dispute.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I would demand to know what the person was that filed the complaint.

Fucking anti-American assholes. I bet they wouldn't care if you flew the Nazi flag but anything that supports America is now racist. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13107 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What?!?!?

The police enforce covenants of HOAs in Illinois? That's fucking crazy. Here is a private contract and you'd need to go to court to resolve a dispute.

My guess is that it wasn't a HOA, it was a city ordinance. I'm sure that Chicago has city ordinances on how many times a day you can poop, the color and consistency, length, etc.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I would demand to know what the person was that filed the complaint.

Fucking anti-American assholes. I bet they wouldn't care if you flew the Nazi flag but anything that supports America is now racist. Roll Eyes

This.

I would have to say, the one thing these "people" hate is being exposed. I would expose each and everyone of them. Not only try this in court, but also the court of public opinion.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad thing about HOA's is you agree to abide by their rules when you sign the paper work and move in.

HOA's are normally a group of like minded people. Best way to change a HOA is to load it with people like yourself.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
People,

This and every stinking story like this should be burned into the forefront of your brain, and every-time you have opportunity to vote, speak, talk to someone etc, and move the ball towards the goal, you do it.

Yeah, you will become known as "that guy" or "that gal", but do you truly think all the people that "like you" now, really give a flying fuck about you?

They do not. There are at least one out of every two people that would as soon push you off the edge of the flat earth, than coexist or tolerate you.

They, like the cute house cat, would kill you and eat you, if they were only big enough to do it.

Push back hard, push and shove, because one day they are gonna show up with a knife and fork, and then the shit's gonna be on.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Generally I don't like tattoos, but this would piss me off to the point I might just have the flag tattooed across my chest and spend the summer sitting on the front porch shirtless.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Well, I happen to dislike butterflies. I do not want to see those banners that people put out. I dislike pumpkins and leaves, too. So don't let me see a banner put out in October.

rules is rules, but rules can be changed.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
If you look at this without the emotion, there are a couple of issues here.

First, the article indicates that American and US Military flags are permitted. That means that a flag making a political statement is not permitted. You want to do whatever the hell you please? Don’t move into an HOA. This woman isn’t a “victim”. She either understood what living in a HOA neighborhood meant or she didn’t. It doesn’t matter. It’s just like moving next door to a shooting range. You understand that there will be noise. You don’t move in and then demand that the range close down.

Second, I’m more than a little skeptical about this woman’s story. She received a letter that the flag did not comply with the HOA rules. Then she claims she was told it was because it was “racist, offensive and anti-Black Lives Matter.” Sorry, but I’m calling bullshit.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
But Gaddie’s daughter recently received a letter from her homeowner’s association, saying the flag does not comply with association rules.

Curious to see the wording of these rules.
I would like to see the actual wording in the CC&Rs as well. HOA may be making an idiotic interpretation of it, or the owner may be violating what they had agreed to in writing.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's disgusting what this country has devolved into. How on earth is supporting police officers deemed racist? I hope this awful generation of snowflakes runs its course and soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PossibleZombie,

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Generally I don't like tattoos, but this would piss me off to the point I might just have the flag tattooed across my chest and spend the summer sitting on the front porch shirtless.

You would be arrested for inducing panic. Razz

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you look at this without the emotion,

Whoa now! We can't have any of that. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

I like the way you think. I will join you, know a few others who would. Lets buy the houses on all sides of the complainer so no matter which way he/she looks, the person will be offended.

The more I read this thread, the more annoyed I am that someone complained, and major league annoyed that someone took the complaint seriously.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What?!?!?

My guess is that it wasn't a HOA, it was a city ordinance. I'm sure that Chicago has city ordinances on how many times a day you can poop, the color and consistency, length, etc.

Correct. I heard this last week and I'm still seething. This and the post about the revenue collectors in Virginia has my blood pressure at all time highs. But to be sure, it wasn't Chicago but a suburb of the City.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Reason # 25,687 not to live in a neighborhood w/ a HOA.

Posts: 6348 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is yet another in the infinite litany of "There are two kinds of people in the world."

There are two kinds of people in the world; those who are willing to tolerate the ridiculous meddling of an HOA and those who are not.

There's not a single speck of my being that would tolerate some little fascist schmoe in a subdivision trying to tell me how to live my life.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107552 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
There's not a single speck of my being that would tolerate some little fascist schmoe in a subdivision trying to tell me how to live my life.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
If you look at this without the emotion, there are a couple of issues here.

First, the article indicates that American and US Military flags are permitted. That means that a flag making a political statement is not permitted. You want to do whatever the hell you please? Don’t move into an HOA. This woman isn’t a “victim”. She either understood what living in a HOA neighborhood meant or she didn’t. It doesn’t matter. It’s just like moving next door to a shooting range. You understand that there will be noise. You don’t move in and then demand that the range close down.

Second, I’m more than a little skeptical about this woman’s story. She received a letter that the flag did not comply with the HOA rules. Then she claims she was told it was because it was “racist, offensive and anti-Black Lives Matter.” Sorry, but I’m calling bullshit.

It does have that certain barnyard smell to it...

Posts: 23415 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post