SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FL woman told to take down BLUE Lives Matter flag (US flag with blue stripe) because its "racist, offensive and anti-Black Lives Matter"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FL woman told to take down BLUE Lives Matter flag (US flag with blue stripe) because its "racist, offensive and anti-Black Lives Matter" Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
As the title says, this is in FL, but I saw it tonight on a local CO news station...

I'm glad I don't live in a community controlled by a HOA. I assume this lady does...

Source: Florida woman told to take down her 'Blue Lives Matter' flag

A woman in Florida has been told to take down her “Blue Lives Matter” flag because a neighbor found it to be “racist” and “offensive.”

Jeff Gaddie, a police officer, told WJAX-TV that her daughter has flown the flag outside her house in St. John’s County “for years” in his honor. But Gaddie’s daughter recently received a letter from her homeowner’s association, saying the flag does not comply with association rules.

When Gaddie’s daughter asked the homeowners association why her flag needed to come down, she was told the organization received a complaint that the flag was “racist, offensive and anti-Black Lives Matter.”

Gaddie’s daughter was told she needed to fill out a form for permission to fly the flag, but her request was denied.

According to WJAX, only American flags and US military flags are permitted to fly in the neighborhood. The “Blue Lives Matter” flag follows the template of the American flag, but is rendered in black-and-white with one blue stripe.

Gaddie’s daughter is appealing the homeowner association’s decision.

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I would just raise that flag and let her fly. Take me to court - let's see how far you're ready to go to defend and endorse this organization who's motto is, "What do we want? Dead Cops!"

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Gaddie’s daughter asked the homeowners association why her flag needed to come down, she was told the organization received a complaint that the flag was “racist, offensive and anti-Black Lives Matter.”

Re: the bolded. My response would be simply, "I guess you got me on that one..."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I would just raise that flag and let her fly. Take me to court - let's see how far you're ready to go to defend and endorse this organization who's motto is, "What do we want? Dead Cops!"
^^^This. The other side refuses to concede on anything, and we should adopt that very same position.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Seems these days anything that is "pro-America" is deemed racist, or offensive, or oppressive, or intolerant. Such is the prevailing demeanor on many college campus'. It also seems the foundation of the BLM movement was built on lies, but it is racist and offensive to point that out.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The proper response is,
"Fuck you, commies."

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
The proper response is,
"Fuck you, commies."
The proper response is a recall election of the HOA's board of directors. I've posted many times about recalling the HOA BOD that was overrun with busybodies on a power trip.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Seems the next logical step would be to crank it to 11 and fly the confederate flag. Trigger the hell out of that BLM sympathizing asshole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The flag stays. Go fuck yourself. With a cactus.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
She just needs to get a larger flag!! Screw them...

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Try and make me take down a flag on my own property.... dare ya...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Seems the next logical step would be to crank it to 11 and fly the confederate flag. Trigger the hell out of that BLM sympathizing asshole.

Way to go, Reb!!!!!!!

tac, with a family history of supporting the CSA

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
But Gaddie’s daughter recently received a letter from her homeowner’s association, saying the flag does not comply with association rules.

Curious to see the wording of these rules. Also (rhetorical question) if any other kinds of flags are allowed to be flown.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
But Gaddie’s daughter recently received a letter from her homeowner’s association, saying the flag does not comply with association rules.

Curious to see the wording of these rules. Also (rhetorical question) if any other kinds of flags are allowed to be flown.

This was what I was thinking.

I dislike the way the complaint was worded but the bottom line is the HOA has a flag rule and this flag violated the rule.

Downside of HOA's.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I would paint the flag on my garage door.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
This is why I refuse to live in a place that is run like a fascist dictatorship.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Sounds like I would paint the flag on my garage door.

Good idea. Have cameras installed to ID whoever damages the garage door, because it will happen. And when someone defaces the garage door, have them charged,locked up, and taken to small claims court. Make it very expensive for vandalism. Then paint the flag on the garage door again.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Dollars to donuts that the complainant was a recent addition to the HOA board.

Were I an adjacent neighbor to the Gaddies, I'd hoist the flag near the shared property line on their behalf, and speak to other neighbors asking them to do similar.

At the same time, the Gaddies and those neighbors who support them need to become very vocal and visible at HOA meetings. Identify the hairy warts that are the problem, and vote their asses out in board elections.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dislike the way the complaint was worded but the bottom line is the HOA has a flag rule and this flag violated the rule.

BUT - apparently the flag had been up "for years" and is only now being contested. Was it against the rules then, or just now because some snowflake complained?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
That HoA can go screw...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post