SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Houston cardiologist Dr. Mark Hausknecht was gunned down by another bicyclist Friday morning, police said
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Houston cardiologist Dr. Mark Hausknecht was gunned down by another bicyclist Friday morning, police said Login/Join 
posted
https://patch.com/texas/housto...texas-medical-center

HOUSTON, TX – A Houston Methodist Hospital doctor was shot to death Friday morning as he rode his bicycle near the Texas Medical Center, police said. Dr. Mark Hausknecht's assailant also was riding a bike when the attack happened at 8:50 a.m. along Main Street.

"The suspect was on a bicycle as well, rode past the doctor, turned and fired two shots. The doctor went down immediately," said Houston Police Executive Assistant Chief Troy Finner during a press conference. Hausknecht was taken to Ben Taub Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Police are looking for a Hispanic man between 20- and 30-years-old. The suspect was wearing dark clothing and riding a dark-colored bicycle.

Hausknecht was a cardiologist at Houston Methodist Hospital and had been in practice since 1981, and was well-known to many, including President George H.W. Bush who sent his condolences.

"Mark was a fantastic cardiologist and a good man," Bush said in a Tweet. "I will always be grateful for his exceptional, compassionate care. His family his in our prayers."

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gang initiation?

Dispute earlier on the road?

Senseless murder.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Looks like a hit to me. Targeted.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He owed money to someone and either couldn't or wouldn't pay up I'm thinking.

Second guess would be wife put out a hit on him.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a targeted hit I believe for whatever reason. There will be plenty of video to review, and I suspect they will find the guy.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Targeted hit because someone in the shooter's family died under the doctor's scalpel?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's not all that hot there yet, or I'd wonder if the heat got to somebody.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.click2houston.com/...le-in-medical-center

A bike, Hausknecht's white coat and stethoscope, and several shell casings could be seen on the ground near where he was shot.

KPRC2 spoke with an eyewitness who did not want to be identified. He said he helped the doctor shortly after he was shot.

The man felt the doctor was struggling, so he grabbed an orange cone nearby and propped it under his head. He said he could see the suspect riding down the street on his bike, and people were shouting to stop the man but he got away.

Finner said investigators are questioning witnesses and hope the many surveillance cameras in the area will lead them to the shooter.

The suspect was last seen riding a light-colored mountain bike traveling west on Southgate Boulevard. He is described as white or Hispanic, around 30 years old and about 5 feet 10 inches tall with a slender build.

He was wearing a gray warmup jacket and khaki shorts.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the type of matter of fact hits common south of the border. Shooter has already skipped back across.

When you import millions of people from violent places, you will inevitably import a lot of violence. Duh.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Police are looking for a Hispanic man between 20- and 30-years-old. The suspect was wearing dark clothing and riding a dark-colored bicycle.

quote:
The suspect was last seen riding a light-colored mountain bike traveling west on Southgate Boulevard. He is described as white or Hispanic, around 30 years old and about 5 feet 10 inches tall with a slender build.

He was wearing a gray warmup jacket and khaki shorts.

Ok, so they're looking for either a White guy or a Hispanic guy who is around 5'10" and is either wearing dark clothes or possibly light clothes and riding a dark or possibly light bike. Well, this person should certainly stick out in Houston.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
Ok, so they're looking for either a White guy or a Hispanic guy who is around 5'10" and is either wearing dark clothes or possibly light clothes and riding a dark or possibly light bike. Well, this person should certainly stick out in Houston.
No kidding! Houston's demographics are 69.4% of the population is white or hispanic and median age is 33.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No kidding! Houston's demographics are 69.4% of the population is white or hispanic and median age is 33.

I guess cowboys are in the clear along with Native Americans and Asians.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Chellim1: someone, who appears to have invested significantly in the health and safety of his community through a skilled and legitimate practice, is now dead by way of an intentional criminal act of another.

I'm going to do you the courtesy of not quoting your statement (which would preserve it beyond your ability to edit it out), but I find it to be extremely poor taste.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Somebody held him responsible for the loss of a loved one?

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i would guess for money or love. the two biggest of motives. A hit. A terrible event.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
This guy was Bush 41's cardiologist. Makes you go, hmmmm?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
What would your legal (criminal) liability be if you witnessed such an event and ran the shooter over with your car?

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
OK; you've got me going hmmmm. What conspiracy could you possibly envision?

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Police sketch of the shooter.

https://www.khou.com/article/n...illing/285-576312138

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also the cardiologist to thousands with forty years in practice as an interventional cardiologist. Probably also treated indigent patients when on call. Even the doctor for a sitting President has other patients.