SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody know anything about Dixxon flannels?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody know anything about Dixxon flannels? Login/Join 
posted
So I got sucked in by some Facebook marketing. Like some of the colors, but they're spendy to just go in blind and buy a half dozen.

Any recommendation for other brands if these aren't well regarded.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I own a couple. Solid flannels that are nice and soft. I like mine a lot with plans to purchase more in the future as needed or when I can catch them on sale. A lot of Harley dealers carry them so if you want to check sizing, go give them a try.

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. It's OK quality, but they are kind of a hipster cult product IMO, which accounts for a lot of their popularity. Be aware their fabric isn't 100% cotton if that matters to you.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of their flannels. They are pricey, but don’t seem to wrinkle like most flannels.

They also seem to run a little large compared to others.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife bought me the one with AK's and shotguns for some party. It isn't flannel, more like the Tommy Bahama material. Very comfortable. I don't like the large DIXXON branding on the pocket, way too bold for my taste.

Nice shirt, overpriced, comfortable.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the replies. Might give one a try if I catch a sale over the summer. I will give the nearest Harley dealer a look too. I usually drive by it on Saturdays.

I actually kinda like some of the more vibrant color combos. I'm not used to seeing flannels in Orange, lime green and purple. I get told how to dress at work, so sometimes it just feels good to be a little outside the norm.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have a few including a jacket, they are good quality, a little heavy for down here in Florida for all but a couple of months, maybe. They are really nice pieces.

They are popular with the hipster/bike/motorcycle/ folks, I find they run a bit narrow through the middle not oversized at all... Then again, I'm not narrow in the middle anymore Big Grin

Posts: 23480 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like HRK said, they are hip right now, car tv show guys are usually wearing them. I have half dozen or so and am wearing one as I type this. Made in limited to supply to keep up the demand and they do have some great colors, eyeglass cleaner sewn inside the bottom left front. Have two with snaps instead of buttons and find those are my favorites, the snaps are about $10 more. The Dixxon logo on the pocket is not big at all, maybe a bit larger than the old red tag on the back of Levis 501's Only thing I don't like is the made in China.

Posts: 424 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
I have three of the Dixxon flannels and I really like them. I find them easy to care for in that I just wash them and hang them to dry- no ironing, etc.

I recommend getting on their email list and catching a sale to bring the cost down.

Posts: 618 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post