SIGforum
Anybody know anything about Dixxon flannels?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7710090805

April 17, 2024, 08:44 PM
wolfe 21
Anybody know anything about Dixxon flannels?
So I got sucked in by some Facebook marketing. Like some of the colors, but they're spendy to just go in blind and buy a half dozen.

Any recommendation for other brands if these aren't well regarded.

A Perpetual Disappointment...
April 17, 2024, 09:23 PM
mutedblade
I own a couple. Solid flannels that are nice and soft. I like mine a lot with plans to purchase more in the future as needed or when I can catch them on sale. A lot of Harley dealers carry them so if you want to check sizing, go give them a try.

April 18, 2024, 07:16 AM
bigwagon
I have one. It's OK quality, but they are kind of a hipster cult product IMO, which accounts for a lot of their popularity. Be aware their fabric isn't 100% cotton if that matters to you.
April 18, 2024, 09:37 AM
95flhr
I have a couple of their flannels. They are pricey, but don’t seem to wrinkle like most flannels.

They also seem to run a little large compared to others.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart
April 18, 2024, 09:47 AM
pedropcola
My wife bought me the one with AK's and shotguns for some party. It isn't flannel, more like the Tommy Bahama material. Very comfortable. I don't like the large DIXXON branding on the pocket, way too bold for my taste.

Nice shirt, overpriced, comfortable.
April 18, 2024, 10:46 AM
wolfe 21
Appreciate the replies. Might give one a try if I catch a sale over the summer. I will give the nearest Harley dealer a look too. I usually drive by it on Saturdays.

I actually kinda like some of the more vibrant color combos. I'm not used to seeing flannels in Orange, lime green and purple. I get told how to dress at work, so sometimes it just feels good to be a little outside the norm.

A Perpetual Disappointment...
April 18, 2024, 11:24 AM
HRK
Have a few including a jacket, they are good quality, a little heavy for down here in Florida for all but a couple of months, maybe. They are really nice pieces.

They are popular with the hipster/bike/motorcycle/ folks, I find they run a bit narrow through the middle not oversized at all... Then again, I'm not narrow in the middle anymore Big Grin
April 18, 2024, 11:41 AM
Calif Phil
Like HRK said, they are hip right now, car tv show guys are usually wearing them. I have half dozen or so and am wearing one as I type this. Made in limited to supply to keep up the demand and they do have some great colors, eyeglass cleaner sewn inside the bottom left front. Have two with snaps instead of buttons and find those are my favorites, the snaps are about $10 more. The Dixxon logo on the pocket is not big at all, maybe a bit larger than the old red tag on the back of Levis 501's Only thing I don't like is the made in China.
April 18, 2024, 11:59 AM
Scoobaru
I have three of the Dixxon flannels and I really like them. I find them easy to care for in that I just wash them and hang them to dry- no ironing, etc.

I recommend getting on their email list and catching a sale to bring the cost down.