SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago Mayoral race
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Mayoral race Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I read an article today that there are 9 Dems in the running now, and that Groot is in 4th place.

It’s looking like Vallas will be the Dem candidate and become mayor. I don’t even know who the Republicans are running.

It’s important to note the Prickster and Cook County States Atty Foxx are arguably more responsible for the mess in Chicago than Lightfoot. Groot is easy to despise, but it’s the governor keeps giving more power to the public unions, scuttling any efforts to fix the City’s financial mess, driving out businesses. And it’s Foxx who refuses to prosecute gangbangers, serial shoplifters, and other criminals.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6416 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I read an article today that there are 9 Dems in the running now, and that Groot is in 4th place.

It’s looking like Vallas will be the Dem candidate and become mayor. I don’t even know who the Republicans are running.

It’s important to note the Prickster and Cook County States Atty Foxx are arguably more responsible for the mess in Chicago than Lightfoot. Groot is easy to despise, but it’s the governor keeps giving more power to the public unions, scuttling any efforts to fix the City’s financial mess, driving out businesses. And it’s Foxx who refuses to prosecute gangbangers, serial shoplifters, and other criminals.

You have to toss Chief Judge Timothy Evans in there too!

If you want to fix the problem, there's a lot of people that need to get voted OUT!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that Kim Foxx lives in Homewood Flossmoor not even in the city of Chicago! Maybe she should move to Lawndale or Austin to get a better feel of the community she represents.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I find it interesting that Kim Foxx lives in Homewood Flossmoor not even in the city of Chicago! Maybe she should move to Lawndale or Austin to get a better feel of the community she represents.

Foxx is the Cook County States Attorney, Homewood Flossmoor is in Cook Co.
She grew up in Cabrini Green Projects.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I stand corrected. I knew she grew up in Cabrini Green home of the Candyman.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
You Chicagoans need not to worry. If Lightfoot loses she'll probably run for Congress and win. Big Grin

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sights are set higher here in Chi town as has been demonstrated before.

Remember a guy named Obama, Community activist, to US Senate, to a two term President.
And, don't say we didn't warn you back then when everybody laughed at the thought of him ever getting elected.

Chicagoan's knew back then that this could happen, and it did, twice!
Our nation may never recover again as a result.

Get ready for a MOOOOCHELL Obama run for president, she would be extremely hard for a Republican to beat.

The door for Chicago politicians to run this country is now wide open.

Posts: 4631 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I saw his interview, first thing I said to my wife is if that is all they can throw into the race… then Beetlejuice will have another term. He was not articulate, and appeared not intelligent.

Oh wait he might just pull it off! ;D

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lori Lightfoot has a solutiion for street vendors. DO NOT USE CASH. What an idiot. No more police presence or anything like that. I guess she does not know what happens to people when a criminal finds they have no cash. We need a change in the Mayor's race.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Get ready for a MOOOOCHELL Obama run for president, she would be extremely hard for a Republican to beat.
There's not even a chance this will happen, and I would appreciate it if you guys refrain from suggesting an ex-president's wife merely because she's an ex-president's wife. People were saying the very same thing in 2020.

Posts: 107629 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post