SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's your internet browser?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your internet browser? Login/Join 
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Safari on ipad.

Posts: 1850 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Chrome for my daily and mobile use.

FireFox for my work use

Edge for my wife.

I find that keeping browsers separate really helps simplify bookmarks and cookies.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Brave Browser and Waterfox. I also have special need use for Opera and Vivaldi. On occasion, I will use the Safari Technical Preview.

I'm on a Mac. I use either Browser ChooserX or Browserosaurus to manage using multiple browsers.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Two is one, one is none.

as pointed out, you should keep more than one browser available.
Some stuff works on one but doesn`t on the next so it is wise to have a second opinion at hand.

I don`t try to remove the built in ones but immediately download Chrome to setup any machine (drivers and programs from their sources). Chrome is excellent and simple at that. Next come FF and lately I add Brave although don`t give it enough time to get into it.

Google and Duckduckgo, don`t particularly like Bing.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12264 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Safari on my Apple devices, which is all my surfing at home.
Chrome on the computer at work.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Edge

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Safari on my Mac is the best browser I've ever used. However, a few web sites that I need to use have updated their sites with new "features", and have failed to make them compatible with Safari. For those few, I keep Firefox in reserve.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10876 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Chrome on my personal laptop and cell phones.

Work computers have IE, so I'm stuck using it there.

Posts: 33037 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I use Chrome most of the time. I would prefer using one of the more privacy conscious browsers, but in the end it just works better with more websites so the convenience outweighs the other factors.

I keep the rest of them around though for when a website just doesn't play nice with Chrome.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3574 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Safari

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chrome on PC. Safari on IPhone.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3262 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Firefox for 15 years straight, UNTIL last year when it started getting slow and buggy. Went to Chrome, which is working fine.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Opera.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Safari

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Chrome and Safari...

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chrome everywhere.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Google Chrome on my two PCs

Kindle Silk on my Amazon Kindle

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Chrome and Safari, Chrome sometimes doesn't play well on some sites.

Posts: 3865 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Edge about 90% of the time and Chrome the other.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post