SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Browsers -- Which are you using?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browsers -- Which are you using? Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted
I'm on Chrome, and debating trying to sneak into some privacy. Though I'm dubious I can pull it off. Firefox is on my mind.

But the tech giants can correlate so many sources and datapoints, I'm thinking it's fruitless unless I get REALLY serious.

Question:
Which browser do you use?

Choices:
Microsoft IE ... really!?
Microsoft Edge
Chrome
Firefox
Some freaky also-ran (eSplain pleze)

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Been pretty happy with Brave.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Some freaky also-ran called Safari.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16900 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Opera

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4838 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Firefox, exclusively

You'd have to hold me at gunpoint to make me use Internet Explorer or Edge.

Posts: 109050 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Opera. Dumped Firefox and Waterfox after they seemed to bog down after updates. Very happy with Opera.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1130 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I generally use chrome but as a web application developer, I wind up using all of the listed browsers for compatibility testing.

The corporate clients we have generally use chrome and IE.
The edge browser seems to be getting more popular.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Good on you kkina. Ditto. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Mostly Chrome.

Sometimes Brave.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Firefox ESR. I have to use IE for a couple of programs at work which are incompatible with FF. On my phone, it's the Ghostery browser.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I'd like to dump Chrome, but Firefox just bogs down on my laptop.

I use duckduckgo for search and Ghostery to try to maintain some privacy.

Posts: 6568 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chrome incognito + firefox private browsing.

bing search

Posts: 2245 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Opera for me on all devices I really like Opera touch on my phone.

Posts: 8179 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
I use Waterfox. It's a branch off of Firefox before Firefox Quantum. It still works with all of the legacy add-ons and extensions, most of which are still supported.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Waterfox here as well.
Works fast on my over 5 year old Dell Inspiron 3847 (i3847-5077BK) machine now running Win10 off a Samsung 860 EVO SSD 1 Tb drive.

On my 2008 vintage Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athalon 64x2 laptop updated with a Crucial BX300 120Gb SSD drive and 4Gb RAM, I'm running Firefox which came with the Linux Mint 19.1 installation package.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Primarily Safari but occasionally Chrome.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I moved to Opera back during my programming days (2007). Since then I've tried all the others but nothing compares.

Posts: 45538 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I use Firefox and have it set to automatically purge all history/cookies when I close the browser. This means I can't maintain any settings for websites between sessions but I've been doing it for years now and am used to it.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Chrome on Windows machines. Safari on the Apples.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Firefox, exclusively

You'd have to hold me at gunpoint to make me use Internet Explorer or Edge.

I used Firefox exclusively as well. Their change around version 2017 or so, when JavaScript was no longer supported, forced my hand at a change. We used software by Honeywell (Vocollect Voice) and you have to enable JavaScript to install it or make changes on the devices.

100% agree ace in IE or Edge. I will say that IE is better than Edge, but that’s like comparing wasp stings. They both suck and no one wants them.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Yo también.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post