SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Frivolous, Lengthy Nut Butter Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frivolous, Lengthy Nut Butter Poll Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
The older I get the more I like peanut butter. I rarely even spread it on bread, but instead like to eat it straight from the jar with a spoon.

During COVID, I got a little bored and tried a bunch of other nut butters - almond, cashew, pecan, walnut, sunflower (technically a seed not a nut), and Trader Joe's Mixed nut (walnuts, cashews, almonds, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, and pecans).

I've had Nutella (hazelnuts with cocoa) and it's OK.

Question:
How many ingredients are in your favorite peanut butter?

Choices:
Two - peanuts and salt
Three - peanuts, salt, and something to keep the oil from separating
Dozens - I like to eat a laundry list of ingredients that I cannot pronounce
I just like to vote in polls

Question:
Crunchy or smooth?

Choices:
Crunchy
Smooth
I equally like crunchy and smooth

Question:
What percentage of a jar of peanut butter should be eaten directly out of the jar with a spoon?

Choices:
100%
75%
50%
25%
0%

Question:
Is it safe for other people to eat from a jar of peanut butter in TatorTodd's fridge?

Choices:
No! Hell No!
No
Sure, I'm no germophobe

Question:
Have you tried almond butter?

Choices:
Yes and I liked it
Yes and it was OK
Yes and I disliked it
No

Question:
Have you tried sunflower butter?

Choices:
Yes and I liked it
Yes and it was OK
Yes and I disliked it
No

Question:
Have you tried cashew butter?

Choices:
Yes and I liked it
Yes and it was OK
Yes and I disliked it
No

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Kirkland creamy in our pantry right now.
Peanuts & salt

Don't mind the other nut butters, but quite like salted cashew butter.

Also, you keep yours in the fridge?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Re: The "What percentage of a jar of peanut butter should be eaten directly out of the jar with a spoon?" question: Needed to have an "As you see fit" option Wink

As for the other nut butters: Only reason I haven't tried them is I keep forgetting to try them

As an aside: PB&J is one of my favorite sammiches in the whole wide world.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm allergic to almonds and cashews so my answer to both questions was NO.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Yes, the style of peanut butter I buy has no preservatives or stabilizers

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I buy Smuckers natural smooth peanut butter...which happens to have a tiny bit of crunch built into it. Of course you have to stir when opening, but I like it.

It's been a while, but I used to put peanut butter on certain flavors of ice cream.

Otherwise, it's mostly for PB and J's.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I keep reading that as Nutty Buddy

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Them are good^^^

Posts: 26906 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Yes, the style of peanut butter I buy has no preservatives or stabilizers

Thanks, having to stir to combine is the worst, and even then it's too thin to get a really thick PB spread.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like voting in polls.

I dislike peanuts. They taste like dirt to me.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I love peanut butter. Peanut butter milkshakes are amazing.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I like peanut butter but unfortunately it seems to form a ball in my stomach that takes a while to dissolve. Frown

Posts: 26906 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I agree with these guys Cool

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Big fan of Jif peanut butter. Eat is all the time out of "my jar". Haven't tried anything else.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
The only thing better than crunchy peanut butter is almond butter. Don't need none of that jam or jelly stuff on my sammich either.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly, I just like to answer poll questions, however unlike the poll in front of the grocery store by a pink hired woman, I was honest with this.

I didn’t know about almond and sunflower butter, tomorrow I will go shopping.
I hope the pink haired woman will be at another store (she scares me).

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This poll brings to mind the childhood memory of my Mother, hair in curlers and cigarette dangling from her mouth while fixing me a Peanut Butter and Jelly (Welchs Grape Jelly, always) sandwich.
Current PB is the Yooper grocery store brand. Smooth.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Jif
Extra Crunchy

Could be more “natural”.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Peanut Butter should be a required indredient on every sandwich. Yes, even those with meats and veggies.

One of my go-to sammiches is creamy PB, mayo and lettuce.

There's a burger place near me that puts creamy peanut butter on some of their burgers. Delicious!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Being that we make butters at work, I have also made hazelnut, pistachio, and I took sweet and spicy pecans and made a butter out of those. The pecans were amazing.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post