SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Frivolous, Lengthy Nut Butter Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frivolous, Lengthy Nut Butter Poll Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Thanks for a great poll.

I'm a big fan of almond butter. I particularly like it on sliced apples - especially late at night when I can't sleep. That being said, both the wife and my doc have ganged up on me to prevent me from enjoying this late night delicacy.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Peanut Butter should be a required indredient on every sandwich. Yes, even those with meats and veggies.

There's a burger place near me that puts creamy peanut butter on some of their burgers. Delicious!
There is a diner on the edge of Purdue that has been there 95 years. Their menu has burgers and sandwiches named after Purdue All-Americans. The Duane Purvis peanut butter cheeseburger caught my eye as a student. It's made with smooth peanut butter and it's delicious. Occasionally, I make peanut butter cheeseburgers at home.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Haven’t gotten to try cashew or almond butter, but I really like pistachio butter, so I’ll have to seek those others out. Sunbutter was meh. I actually don’t keep crunchy peanut butter around anymore because I’ll just eat it with a spoon. Trying to stay slim, dammit.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
No love for tahini? That's good on toast, too.

Posts: 9042 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite sandwiches when I was a kid was PB, bacon, and banana. I've recently been feeling an urge to try this in my old age. Perhaps I'm entering my second childhood?

Or, maybe I'll try to convince Mrs. A. to bake me a PB. bacon, and banana pie, this being Pi Day and all. Seems like that would need chocolate too...

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
No love for tahini? That's good on toast, too.
Never tried it that way. I guess I think of it as a Mediterranean condiment since the local restaurants treat it that way

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Peanut Butter should be a required indredient on every sandwich. Yes, even those with meats and veggies.

There's a burger place near me that puts creamy peanut butter on some of their burgers. Delicious!
There is a diner on the edge of Purdue that has been there 95 years. Their menu has burgers and sandwiches named after Purdue All-Americans. The Duane Purvis peanut butter cheeseburger caught my eye as a student. It's made with smooth peanut butter and it's delicious. Occasionally, I make peanut butter cheeseburgers at home.

Stella's in Bellevue, NE, does a PB and jalapeño burger, but I thought it was too weird and passed on it. Guy I was with thought it was awesome.

Bit of drift, but have you ever tried Bitchin' Sauce? It's an almond-based dip, comes in lots of flavors, though I favor the chipotle because it's the flavor at Costco. Not really a nut butter at all, but it's interesting what can be done with nuts. I was also impressed by the cashew-based "cheese" made by the Miyoko's brand. Lots of good nut-based stuff if you can't do dairy.

Posts: 917 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
The "bronicabill" household lives on peanut butter, but we will eat only one kind... Peter Pan Honey Roast smooth. Anything else doesn't come into the house!

We also like Nutella, especially WITH peanut butter...

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jam0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Or, maybe I'll try to convince Mrs. A. to bake me a PB. bacon, and banana pie, this being Pi Day and all. Seems like that would need chocolate too...

This sounds awesome! My recommendation is to mix in crumbled bacon and mini chocolate chips.

Posts: 20 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post