SIGforum
Frivolous, Lengthy Nut Butter Poll

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7680063705

March 13, 2024, 04:55 PM
tatortodd
Frivolous, Lengthy Nut Butter Poll
The older I get the more I like peanut butter. I rarely even spread it on bread, but instead like to eat it straight from the jar with a spoon. <BR><BR>During COVID, I got a little bored and tried a bunch of other nut butters - almond, cashew, pecan, walnut, sunflower (technically a seed not a nut), and Trader Joe's Mixed nut (walnuts, cashews, almonds, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, and pecans).<BR><BR>I've had Nutella (hazelnuts with cocoa) and it's OK.How many ingredients are in your favorite peanut butter?Two - peanuts and saltThree - peanuts, salt, and something to keep the oil from separatingDozens - I like to eat a laundry list of ingredients that I cannot pronounceI just like to vote in pollsCrunchy or smooth?CrunchySmoothI equally like crunchy and smoothI just like to vote in pollsWhat percentage of a jar of peanut butter should be eaten directly out of the jar with a spoon?100%75%50%25%0%I just like to vote in pollsIs it safe for other people to eat from a jar of peanut butter in TatorTodd's fridge?No! Hell No!NoSure, I'm no germophobeI just like to vote in pollsHave you tried almond butter?Yes and I liked itYes and it was OKYes and I disliked itNoI just like to vote in pollsHave you tried sunflower butter?Yes and I liked itYes and it was OKYes and I disliked itNoI just like to vote in pollsHave you tried cashew butter?Yes and I liked itYes and it was OKYes and I disliked itNoI just like to vote in polls

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
March 13, 2024, 05:04 PM
P250UA5
Kirkland creamy in our pantry right now.
Peanuts & salt

Don't mind the other nut butters, but quite like salted cashew butter.

Also, you keep yours in the fridge?

The Enemy's gate is down.
March 13, 2024, 05:04 PM
ensigmatic
Re: The "What percentage of a jar of peanut butter should be eaten directly out of the jar with a spoon?" question: Needed to have an "As you see fit" option Wink

As for the other nut butters: Only reason I haven't tried them is I keep forgetting to try them

As an aside: PB&J is one of my favorite sammiches in the whole wide world.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
March 13, 2024, 05:12 PM
bald1
I'm allergic to almonds and cashews so my answer to both questions was NO.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
March 13, 2024, 05:14 PM
tatortodd
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Yes, the style of peanut butter I buy has no preservatives or stabilizers

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
March 13, 2024, 05:23 PM
6guns
I buy Smuckers natural smooth peanut butter...which happens to have a tiny bit of crunch built into it. Of course you have to stir when opening, but I like it.

It's been a while, but I used to put peanut butter on certain flavors of ice cream.

Otherwise, it's mostly for PB and J's.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
March 13, 2024, 05:27 PM
HRK
I keep reading that as Nutty Buddy

March 13, 2024, 05:42 PM
arfmel
Them are good^^^
March 13, 2024, 05:45 PM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Yes, the style of peanut butter I buy has no preservatives or stabilizers

Thanks, having to stir to combine is the worst, and even then it's too thin to get a really thick PB spread.

The Enemy's gate is down.
March 13, 2024, 06:06 PM
ARman
I like voting in polls.

I dislike peanuts. They taste like dirt to me.

ARman
March 13, 2024, 06:17 PM
Skull Leader
I love peanut butter. Peanut butter milkshakes are amazing.
March 13, 2024, 06:21 PM
arfmel
I like peanut butter but unfortunately it seems to form a ball in my stomach that takes a while to dissolve. Frown
March 13, 2024, 06:21 PM
doublesharp
I agree with these guys Cool

March 13, 2024, 06:22 PM
grumpy1
Big fan of Jif peanut butter. Eat is all the time out of "my jar". Haven't tried anything else.
March 13, 2024, 06:52 PM
mark60
The only thing better than crunchy peanut butter is almond butter. Don't need none of that jam or jelly stuff on my sammich either.
March 13, 2024, 07:07 PM
phydough
Mostly, I just like to answer poll questions, however unlike the poll in front of the grocery store by a pink hired woman, I was honest with this.

I didn’t know about almond and sunflower butter, tomorrow I will go shopping.
I hope the pink haired woman will be at another store (she scares me).
March 13, 2024, 07:51 PM
YooperSigs
This poll brings to mind the childhood memory of my Mother, hair in curlers and cigarette dangling from her mouth while fixing me a Peanut Butter and Jelly (Welchs Grape Jelly, always) sandwich.
Current PB is the Yooper grocery store brand. Smooth.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
March 13, 2024, 08:52 PM
erj_pilot
Jif
Extra Crunchy

Could be more “natural”.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
March 13, 2024, 10:59 PM
ridgerat
Peanut Butter should be a required indredient on every sandwich. Yes, even those with meats and veggies.

One of my go-to sammiches is creamy PB, mayo and lettuce.

There's a burger place near me that puts creamy peanut butter on some of their burgers. Delicious!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League
March 13, 2024, 11:04 PM
Beancooker
Being that we make butters at work, I have also made hazelnut, pistachio, and I took sweet and spicy pecans and made a butter out of those. The pecans were amazing.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread