SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The New Members Introductions section of the forum probably needs to go away
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Members Introductions section of the forum probably needs to go away Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
A good move.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9000 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! Welcoming someone who signed up almost 2 years ago and never returned. You guys crack me up.

Q

Posts: 26470 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Actually, it's a mere 16 months, give or take.

That section of the forum is a waste of bandwidth- literally a waste. The way that members seem to lose any sense of the passage of time in there might be a sign of some space alien shit.

I'm leaving it up for now so that we get the minimum number of hey-where-did-New-Members-Introductions-go-I-loved-that-place posts.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
*sigh* I hadn't realized somebody'd revived a nearly one-and-a-half-year-old introduction thread! For Christ's sake: Why the hell would you do that?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
And now, IT’S GONE!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9000 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Dude where did new member intro go…..

Don’t know the last time I looked in there. I used to check it out ever once in awhile and would only comment if someone was from close to me.

I think the forum is fine without it. Years ago when I looked at it there seemed to the the same people posting again and again…….

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16406 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I looked at the main forums list earlier as I haven't been here in a couple days and I knew something was missing. I had that "Something's missing/wrong but I don't know what" thought. At first I thought maybe I was logged out but I wasn't. Then I remembered this thread.

Shows how often I went in there.

Posts: 6352 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
<p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/room104-hbo-room-104-max-gIkI9bPnSzFKSgtQc8">via GIPHY</a></p>

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post