SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Comet now! Court rules dad can't stop 7 y/o son from transitioning.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comet now! Court rules dad can't stop 7 y/o son from transitioning. Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Extended vacation to Russia. No extradition and they can bunk down with Snowden.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
And they wonder why lgbt acceptance is dropping. That family court needs a flamethrower taken to it.

Posts: 9992 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
It will be super awkward when this dad had to give away the Bride in the future.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
At least he/she won't be reproducing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Most likely the court appointed an attorney to represent the boy/girl/ he/him/her interests not to be confused with parents interests, if the boy was solid on this change to the the court appointed child attorney then he/him/her got legal input to the judge,

Parents no longer have any control over the future of the children, advocates are now appointed, it's a racket family court, designed to separate families from any money they have at the highest rate possible...

Posts: 23663 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Yes! anything to undermine parental authority and establish the supremacy of the State.

Posts: 122 | Location: Hernando, MS | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It should be really simple. Judge "does he know how to tie his shoelaces?" Attorney "For the most part, sometimes he, I'm sorry she gets confused on the second bunny ear part, but he's almost memorized his mom's phone number, I think he's ready to make this permanent life decision now." Judge "Can he count to twenty and add small numbers yet?" Lawyer "Well, Judge, he's working on it." Judge "GTFO".

This is exactly how the case should have went.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20894 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I agree with the sentiment expressed in the responses, the mom is the truly culpable party here. The court shouldn’t be telling parents how to raise their kids but here the parents’ decisions are diametrically opposed. The status quo should prevail in my opinion, so the court isn’t blameless, but any parent who lets a seven year old make life altering decisions should seek guidance from an adult who has a clue.

Posts: 999 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I have thrown up multiple times while reading this. As a father of 2 sons, I can attest that at the age of 7 a child knows completely jack shit. How dissapointing that courts step in and allow and further this BS is a sign of how screwed up our Country has become. The Mother needs to be put away, allow the Father to be the sole parent. My .02.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5304 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I feel really bad for the father, but otherwise, fuck em all.

Posts: 4021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
It should be really simple. Judge "does he know how to tie his shoelaces?" Attorney "For the most part, sometimes he, I'm sorry she gets confused on the second bunny ear part, but he's almost memorized his mom's phone number, I think he's ready to make this permanent life decision now." Judge "Can he count to twenty and add small numbers yet?" Lawyer "Well, Judge, he's working on it." Judge "GTFO".

This is exactly how the case should have went.
You kidding me! It shouldn't have even been that hard.

Judge to attorney: How old is this kid?
Attorney: Seven.
Judge to attorney: Ok he's a minor, so the parents need to go home and decide how this issue will be handled. This is not a court or government issue. Next case.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
This kind of stuff was going on in another part of the family. For some reason “he” is now a “she” again, I don’t follow them on Facebook and don’t e-mail so I don’t know what happened.

Posts: 18124 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
When my youngest son was about that age, he wanted to grow-up to be a robot, or a dinosaur, or a robot-dinosaur. Now he's a bit older and planning to study mechanical engineering. Kids are kids.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance but who finances this atrocity?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12169 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I read about this the other day. Really disheartening. Eleven of the twelve jurors sided with the mom. What a disgrace. I always considered a jury to be somewhat of a fail-safe in the judicial system when it comes to abuses by the government or in cases such as this. Unfortunately, that's going out the window real fast.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
At least he/she won't be reproducing.

Some cold words for a seven year old raised in what seems to be, at the absolute very least, a traumatic and abusive environment. I’d have harsh sentiments for the mom, personally, but if celebrating the sterilization of a child seems like something to applaud, have at.

Posts: 17284 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
My wife and I didn’t have kids, but if I had a child whom I had been taking to this pediatrician, I think I would have found another doctor the moment that word of this legal battle got out.

No matter how professionally that doctor might interact with me or my child, there would always be the gnawing question, based on the people in the medical and counseling communities she associates with, does she look at my child as a medical patient—-or a possible recruit for her social movement?

Posts: 4514 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not related directly to my original post, but here's some interesting reading...

Northern Virginia has some of the highest foreign-born populations in the U.S.

Seriously. And they have no interest in assimilating. I'll go out shopping or whatever, and seems I don't hear anyone speaking English.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Family courts are overwhelmingly anti Father.

Bullshit. I am in family courts every week of the year. I can't say there is no bias, but it cuts for and against mothers and fathers in certain ways.

That is a tired old saw. My female clients think the system is stacked against them.

Now as to this case - no parent should be allowed to "transition" a child either medically or surgically. The child isn't mature enough to know what that means, and the parents shouldn't be permitted to allow such a permanent change to be made. If a person wants to do it as an adult, they should be allowed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53130 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Child abuse/endangerment.

These people who allow children to be hormonaly or surgically altered should be relieved of that child.

Transgender "activists" are the "OC" twits of LGBT. Y'all aren't helping, stop carrying a rifle in Chipotle, stop pushing "gender fluid" on kids.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27033 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post