SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Comet now! Court rules dad can't stop 7 y/o son from transitioning.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comet now! Court rules dad can't stop 7 y/o son from transitioning. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
I'd fight this to my death. A seven year old can't make this kind of decision.

Texas father blocked from stopping gender transition of son James, 7, to girl called Luna

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/s0I5sw3PtV8

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I keep saying now I've seen it all, and I keep getting surprised. This is egregious child abuse that will completely alter the course of this SEVEN YEAR OLD's life. Some seven year olds aren't mature enough to make day to day decisions, let alone decisions with lifelong implications. This is truly fucked up.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3586 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My son and I would be quietly moving to another state or country under a new name where the boy could get the emotional/psychiatric help he needs.
The states have crossed the threshold where they now have more legal rights over your kids than you do.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I keep saying now I've seen it all, and I keep getting surprised. This is child abuse that is now state sponsored.

Exactly. That and the government stepping into our homes.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4018 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Early prediction, James will be dead by 17, and dear mom and the morons on that jury will be directly responsible for his death. We truly live in a deranged society when a parent would actively and enthusiastically seek to do this to their child. This mother should be jailed for child abuse, and custody of the two boys should be provided to their father.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Judgement Day can't come soon enough.

Q

Posts: 27606 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cant say this is a total surprise to me. Family courts are overwhelmingly anti Father. This guy has no real rights to make any decisions that would benefit his kids.
And my guess is it is costing him a fortune to fight this too.
Any man considering marriage these days needs to understand that with a single phone call, you can lose your freedom, your property, your money and your children.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
From the article: the mother needs to be beaten with a sock filled with several doorknobs. This is child abuse of the highest order.

A jury in Texas returned a verdict on Monday that will prevent a Texas dad from intervening in the gender transition of his 7-year-old son.

Jeffrey Younger had petitioned a court in Texas to grant him sole custody of his twin sons, James and Jude, in part to avoid a plan to infuse James with female hormones. James, who would like to be called Luna, has been the center of controversy in the heated debate among his parents and others.

Anne Georgulas, the mother of the two boys, has advocated for James to transition into Luna and has strongly backed the idea of chemically castrating her son and beginning hormone replacement therapy. The ruling on Wednesday will prevent Jeffrey from having sole custody of his children and paves the way for Georgulas to proceed with the procedure.

The court has ruled that Georgulas will maintain sole custody of her two children and go forward with plans to give James life-altering medical procedures. Her original court filing had sought to limit her ex-husband's visits with their children and require that he now refer to James as Luna. She further asked that Jeffrey not be exposed to any people who would not confirm his female identity.

Expert witnesses expressed doubt that James was fully convinced that he was inherently female in testimony last week. "There is still some fluidity in his thinking," said Dr. Benjamin Albritton in sworn testimony. "Neither child appears to be depressed, anxious or aggressive ... He [James] gave no indications of other significant psychological difficulties."

There are no laws currently preventing a legal guardian from giving a minor puberty blockers or hormones. Georgulas has additionally secured a letter of recommendation for transition for James from a woman associated with a gay children's therapy center. "This is a letter of recommendation that my client, James Younger, aka Luna, begin the process of becoming a patient of the GENECIS clinic so that she can receive a full psychological assessment for gender dysphoria and potentially take hormone blockers," said a letter from Rebekka Ouer from Dallas Rainbow Therapy.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I thought this stuff didn't happen in Texas.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5313 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
It amazes me that this "stuff" is allowable anywhere in this country. It sure seems like child abuse to me.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:

Keep Austin Weird? Sadly this shit is spreading faster than we would want to think.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Family law gets you weird decisions sometimes. Mom wanted it. Dad did not. Boy obviously confused. Enter politically confused psychologist and literature and a weirdness gets born.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
Family law gets you weird decisions sometimes. Mom wanted it. Dad did not. Boy obviously confused. Enter politically confused psychologist and literature and a weirdness gets born.

Yep, and try to get an countering decision, it will get pricey really, really fast.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

It didn't, until the liberal assholes started migrating there from kalifornistan. They screwed it up so bad they had to leave. Got to Texas and promptly started the same shit there.

Just like the assholes who screwed Maryland up so bad they couldn't stand it. Then moved across into the 4 northern counties in Virginia and promptly started the process all over again.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:

Yep, and try to get an countering decision, it will get pricey really, really fast.

Cost wouldn't be an object in this case. I'd sell both kidneys to block this. If that didn't work, we'd become citizens of a country that has no extradition agreements with the US. YOU CAN NOT UNDUE THIS, even if he changes his mind at 20, he will never have children, and never gave a normal life. Let the child grow up and make the decision in adulthood.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I thought the twilight zone ended in 1975 when Rod Serling passed. Nope.

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Transition Zone!

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:

Cost wouldn't be an object in this case. I'd sell both kidneys to block this. If that didn't work, we'd become citizens of a country that has no extradition agreements with the US. YOU CAN NOT UNDUE THIS, even if he changes his mind at 20, he will never have children, and never gave a normal life. Let the child grow up and make the decision in adulthood.

I'm with you Skins 100%. The problem is you might need 3 kidneys to pay the bill and that wouldn't happenFrown

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

It didn't, until the liberal assholes started migrating there from kalifornistan. They screwed it up so bad they had to leave. Got to Texas and promptly started the same shit there.

Just like the assholes who screwed Maryland up so bad they couldn't stand it. Then moved across into the 4 northern counties in Virginia and promptly started the process all over again.

This^^^

Shake my head at things here in VA everyday that I wouldn't have several years ago

Posts: 451 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That father has nothing to loose at this point. For the sake of his child's life he should take his son to another country and try to get him emotional/psychiatric help to overturn the damage done to him by our sick society.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCFD4:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

This^^^

Shake my head at things here in VA everyday that I wouldn't have several years ago

Not related directly to my original post, but here's some interesting reading...

Northern Virginia has some of the highest foreign-born populations in the U.S.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis