SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Resistance Library Podcast: The Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs & Mass Shootings
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Resistance Library Podcast: The Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs & Mass Shootings Login/Join 
posted

Click here to listen to the podcast!

On this episode of the Resistance Library Podcast, Sam and David discuss the corresponding rise of antidepressants, SSRIs, and mass shootings. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), a mass murder occurs when at least four people are murdered, not including the shooter, over a relatively short period of time during a single incident. Over the last 30 years, the United States has seen a significant increase in mass shootings, which are becoming more frequent and more deadly.

Seemingly every time a mass shooting occurs, whether it’s at a synagogue in Pittsburgh or a nightclub in Orlando, the anti-gun media and politicians have a knee-jerk response – they blame the tragedy solely on the tool used, namely firearms, and focus all of their proposed “solutions” on more laws, ignoring that the murderer already broke numerous laws when they committed their atrocity.

Facts matter when addressing such an emotionally charged topic, and more gun control legislation has shown that law-abiding Americans who own guns are not the problem. Consider the following: The more gun control laws that are passed, the more mass murders have occurred.

Whether or not this is correlation or causation is debatable. What is not debatable is that this sick phenomenon of mass murderers targeting “gun-free zones,” where they know civilian carry isn’t available to law-abiding Americans, is happening. According to the Crime Prevention Research Center, 97.8 percent of public shootings occur in “gun-free zones” – and “gun-free zones” are the epitome of the core philosophical tenant of gun control, that laws are all the defense one needs against violence.

Therefore, when the media and politicians focus their ire on guns, specifically what types of guns are used, such as AR-styles, carbines, semi-automatics, and “high capacity” handguns, in the wake of such tragedies the American public are being intentionally drawn into an emotionally charged debate about legal gun ownership (irrespective of whether the murderer’s gun was legally or illegally obtained). This debate leads them away from the elephant in the room and one of the real issues behind mass shootings – mental health and prescription drugs.

You can read the full article Prescription For Violence: The Corresponding Rise of Antidepressants, SSRIs & Mass Shootings at Ammo.com

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 277 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the rise in mass shootings is because of the internet and personal communication devices, such as PC, laptops, smart phones and network of devices.

Or maybe the end of leaded gas.

In other words, the proliferation and use of pharmaceuticals being attributed to the rise, is parallel to the proliferation of the devices and internet I mentioned.

How about the sliding of morality, good concern of our fellowman and increased and acceptance of selfish behavior, entitlement and the resultant "rage" in the past generation?

Spoiled people react in selfish and destructive behavior and greater "acting out", especially when such behavior is "rewarded".

But, given the many years I have lived, watched and studied behavior, causes and effects, have put me in the "we do this to ourselves, and allow ourselves to do this" camp.

It is all to easy to "blame fluoridation" or the movement of the planets in the constellations or some other external thing, than seriously and honestly look inward to the heart of man.

Why?

Because, what is discovered, might apply to the one doing that "looking", and no one wants it to be them. Better to think it is "anything but me".

I think I'll go beat the ground with a stick, just to be sure.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43796 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Complete and total horseshit.

The “rise” in “mass shootings” fall directly on the fact that when gang bangers kill a bunch of people at a party, it’s now a “mass shootong”. Has zero to do with anti depressants or any of the other crap.

Mass shootings are no more prevalent now than they have been in the last 20 years. It’s just that both sides of the coin have learned to profit from crack pot theories.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eehh, I don't know.
I'm going with the Monkey, and I'm going to blame fluoride in the water.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Haven’t listened to the podcast. Had seen in other places that many perpetrators of this type of crime were either on SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, I think) or just coming off of them, but if Jones says it’s horsefeathers, I’m going to assume he’s right and save the time I would have spent listening to the podcast. Thanks JL.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
These are the days of maligning experts, of which, I suppose, I am one. But if you are interested in some facts on the matter:

Antidepressants May Cause Messaging Murder

Daniel

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The problem is it is the same 'logic' used by folks to blame the gun used.... there are millions of people on antidepressants and only a very small number of them have ever done mass murder.... same thing with guns... millions out there and a very small number used in mass killings.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It isn’t because of video games anymore? Or rock and roll?

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Several things contribute to the mass shooting “epidemic of violence” lie. First off, mass shootings contribute a tiny fraction to the deaths in the US, if not the world. But they are splashy, create a feeling of horror and helplessness of the “what could I do” crowd. The kind that place the burden of self defense and protection on the government. The government would be all too happy to oblige if the bad people would just give up their assault weapons. You know, the scary black guns with the shoulder thing that kills less people than hands, feet, or hammers.

As JJones said, most “mass shootings” are committed by one group of trash shooting at another group of trash. The rules are written to support the lie so they can be categorized as mass shootings when a gangbanger lets fly at a pack of rivals. They don’t even have to succeed, just attempt.

The number of actual deaths from mass shootings is extremely low. Anyone with an understanding of graphs and data can glean it from the CDC or FBI data. You don’t even need serious math skills. Simple arithmetic. This image from 2017 data (posted on this very forum) mirrors current numbers. It clearly shows that mass shooting deaths are hyped.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
It isn’t because of video games anymore? Or rock and roll?

Nah, we've circled back to Dungeons & Dragons as the root of all evil.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
These are the days of maligning experts, of which, I suppose, I am one. But if you are interested in some facts on the matter:

Antidepressants May Cause Messaging Murder

Daniel

From the linked article:
“Approximately 13% of persons aged 12 and older take antidepressants, which makes them one of the top 3 most commonly used medications in the US.2,3”

Holy Catfish! If 13% of the population is taking antidepressants (and one presumes it isn’t the happy ones), then three things come to mind: 1) Correlation is not equal to causation. 2) If 13% percent of the population was taking a drug that caused mass murder it would be a full time two way shooting range out there, all day every day, even worse than the media portrays it. 3) If 13% of the population needs antidepressants, than we’re probably doing something wrong.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig: 3) If 13% of the population needs antidepressants, than we’re probably doing something wrong.

Would you feel better if they were alcoholics or opioid abusers?

Posts: 8942 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I seriously doubt the validity of that article….frankly, I think Zoloft needs to be put in the water supply along with fluoride

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is all Climate Change. You know Greta could be right! LOL

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There used to be a website that kept track of all the “real” mass shootings and listed the RX’s that these people were or weren’t on and it was shocking.

The vast majority were on some type of antidepressant.

It's kinda the chicken or the egg argument but it’s undeniable that it’s a factor.

Posts: 3871 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Fluoridation is THE most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face.
P.O.E - O.P.E.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's kinda the chicken or the egg argument but it’s undeniable that it’s a factor.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe that argument was tried once in a court of law. Zoloft was deemed to be the culprit. If I recall correctly that argument was thrown out. If SSRIs were the cause of mass shootings I think we would be seeing Ads from law firms. What about personal responsibility for one's behavior???

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
The vast majority were on some type of antidepressant.

The antis would point out that 100% of mass shooters had a firearm. See how ridiculous it is?

Posts: 8942 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that our society is increasingly angry. And lots of times this anger leads to senseless violence.
You can talk about any kind of contributing factors. Drug (both legal and illegal) use. Politics. Mental health issues. Ethnic hatred or racism. Lack of legal consequences. Moral or family decline. Lack of respect or compassion for each other.
Bottom line: Lots of angry, on the edge people out there. Stay safe!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Anger and attention seeking whores. Most of the "mass shootings" are thugs on thugs, be it traditional gangs or drug "gangs". Then you have the "he/she/they dissed me" dipshits who has zero impulse control (never learned there should be consequences for their actions). Then you have the attention seeking whores who want to have some sort of infamy to their pathetic lives (almost always of their making).

Of course the last category is the "true believer" some sort of Jihad goat fucker or Democraptic inspired basement dwelling asshat or sovereign citizen type.

Of if you really want to look at some of the people who should be or are on these drugs, just take a look at the crazies arrested during any Antifa "event".

Posts: 3908 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post