SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I owe members and readers of this forum an apology
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I owe members and readers of this forum an apology Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
My conscience manifests itself as a little man with a hammer. When I've behaved poorly, he bangs on the inside of my skull with his hammer until I make amends, or at least try to do so.

Not as an excuse, but by way of explanation, I tell you that I have reached a saturation point with the poison being poured out onto my country. I've come to a place where I feel no need to hold back in my remarks about these things, but on Sunday night in my throes of righteousness, I lashed out at some of the members here who had done nothing but want to discuss what is- whether I/we like it or not- a national event, the Super Bowl.

I'll not attempt to name everyone, because surely there were members (and non-registered readers of the forum) who read my harsh remarks and ill treatment of well-intended members, and said not a word, but who didn't care for my remarks and behavior.

DCFD4, I feel very badly about hijacking your thread and speaking to you so harshly. It was a foolish and rude thing for me to do.

old rugged cross, my remarks to you were uncalled for.

cpartkid, I misinterpreted your innocent remarks and jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

Georgeair, I was ready to read you the riot act; yet another jump to a wrong conclusion.

selogic and corsair, your Man Cards were never in danger and I shouldn't have said such a thing to the two of you.

SIGnified, I regret making you feel as if you were wrong to speak your mind when, in fact, I was pushing you and others to do so. I can see now how the things I was saying were a gauntlet thrown down, daring all of you to pick it up.

Black92LX, there was not a single thing wrong with your post and I regret being so harsh.

Ronin1069, you didn't deserve the sarcasm that came your way.

I'm certain I've left someone out, but I apologize to the membership in general for lecturing all of you to have self-respect when I should have been concerned with my own, and I apologize for telling everyone that they should just go ahead and surrender.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It takes a 'Better Man' to admit as much! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, no apology was needed. I hope you know we share a lot of the same feeling about the current state of affairs and it is not easy to see.
I do believe that things can go a better direction in the future. That is my hope and prayer for our country.
We need to stay together.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I'd like to think "it's all good". I think of this place as congregation of mostly like-minded folks that can handle a fight or two. We argue but generally do not fume. In the end we're all friends. That rarely goes away. Sometimes a beratement is deserved, sometimes it's not. I just shrug it off and attribute it to a bad day and sometimes I have to look at myself to see if I've instigated an issue.

Of course, I don't understand a lot about social interactions and I could have a lot of that wrong. My wife is usually my translator when I don't understand the meaning behind words, she's a godsend.

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Biggest thing a man can do is admit he's wrong. I think we all know you are well intentioned but also human like the rest of us.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7051 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I wish more people had your strength.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16250 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I am right there with you, Para, on the state of our country.

And because of that, it's good to sometimes simply enjoy some of our country's cherished traditions that bring us joy. The stuff that makes all the fighting worth it in the first place.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
To be fair, a long standing rule about not commenting on people’s looks was violated and the thread title was a good indication that the thread wasn’t going to be just a hey, how’s the game going discussion.

Posts: 10791 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Takes a big man and if it's any consolation I think most of us are on the same page with you. I don't know how or if the country can come back from where it's at and we're only sinking deeper. I'm more than sick of all the shit.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I didn't see the thread, but you have again shown why this is the only place I go to on the internet where I feel that there is an actual membership. A clan of sorts. I am sure that all will be well and you're a good man to start this thread, but you already know that.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5128 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are being trained to not speak as we feel and not to be able to have a conversation about what we disagree upon.
Freedom of speech, and all of our rights are being whittled away by design.
How do you come to a logical conclusion without all the facts?
Don't be sorry Para, you have a right to your opinions, as do we all.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 277 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
it is all good sir, we appreciate you and your wisdom here.
This forum is one of the last bastions of free speech we have and has like minded individuals. Spirited discussion with respect is the catalyst we need.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
No worries, but very kind of you. Trying time for many of us these days.

As you noted my flippant remark toward the OP didn't initially include his name, and I was also referencing a commercial from the actual event, which was also unlikely to land well if he'd not seen it.

I try to live by my CUT you bestowed a number of years ago.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12344 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I, myself, have never let my frustrations get to me nor have I ever inappropriately lashed out at anybody. Roll Eyes Razz

Happens to the best of us. Believe me my wife knows it happens to me and the world has gotten to me something fierce as well.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I understand the nagging conscience. It’s there for a reason but I think we all realize that men disagree and assert their perspective in unvarnished forms sometimes. I also understand the saturation. I’m sick of it and believe that more and worse is coming. I used to believe it could be corrected peacefully. I don’t anymore. To me that you are willing to sacrifice so we can have just one sanctuary from cultural rot shows selflessness. I believe you are a good man among good men under siege. Tempers flare and patience wears thin under siege.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thank you for saying that Para, I genuinely appreciate your recognizing that and saying something.

John

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a terrible smartass and have little patience with damn near everything that goes on nowadays. But in this forum, I try to keep a civil tongue. I find that the members who regularly post on the various issues that confront us are worthy of my respect, no matter if they disagree with me or not. And Paras management keeps SF in a way that allows discourse with too much rancor detracting from whats being discussed.
Want proof? Spend time on other online forums and see the difference, no matter what the forums interests may be.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
IMHO, we are living in challenging times. In essence, everything is being challenged.

It is very difficult at times having been brought up with a decent set of values to be aggressively beaten with this WOKE, uber left, liberal mantra over and over on a daily basis without losing it.

No one is perfect.... sometimes losing it is good for the soul and lets people know where you stand.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37906 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
No apology necessary.
We grew up in a different time. What was acceptable is now challenged every day and there are days that I would like to lash out at what is happening to this country.
Do not feel bad when you say what you are thinking.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
"No problem"

LOL! Sorry, a light hearted response with a stupid phrase that is way overused and needs to go away... IMO. Big Grin

You sir are undoubtedly a Scholar and a Gentleman. I suspected at the time you might be having a less then stellar day.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post