SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cool stuff in Massachuttes. 115 year old stationary steam engine brought back to life.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool stuff in Massachuttes. 115 year old stationary steam engine brought back to life. Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted
I just love this. Almost as much as I like seeing the engine, the young fellow who did it is almost as interesting. He seems a little eccentric, but that seems normal for people who are hyper-focused on a single thing. If I could take the perfect trip, it would be to see this kind of stuff. Not in a museum, but actually working in its original environment. Watch through the whole video, and you will get a ton of history about steam in general, and about how this one survived all these years.

Link to Video

Sometimes it seems our ancestors were smarter than us. They were sure good at mechanical sophistication.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7321 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post