SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple iOS 12?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple iOS 12? Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
Just curious if anyone has taken the plunge with their iPhones and done this latest upgrade? I'm always reluctant to do these things because my phone (SE model) is working so well and is compatible with everything and I don't want to screw that up. Plus, my battery life has been great! I'm several upgrades behind and this looks like a decent one, but I'm cautious....maybe too cautious.

Has anyone been having positive experiences with 12.0? Thanks for whatever feedback!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Running fine on iPhone 6 and iPad Air.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2371 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Phones no problem
MacBooks don't do it!
they cut many 3rd party software companies off (They want their extortion $) until they pay up apple has them blacklisted!

Lil pricks.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8463 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Backup you phone before you do any iOS updates; I have it running on a 8 without any issues.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4341 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
No issues for me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7751 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SE and iPad mini2. No issues

Battery life improved on both units with ios12

Posts: 923 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I had an issue with enterprise outlook. but was able to resolve.

I don't know if it's useful - i don't use the new features. but i update to get new security plugs and hope that battery life will improve.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12827 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I loaded it on an iPad. Awaiting 12.1 for my phone.

Posts: 13838 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had it on my 7, have it on an ipad mini2 and an XS. It works fine on all of them, no issues

Posts: 21339 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Got it on my iPhone 7 Plus and my iPad Pro. The only issue I don't like is when you delete a text message, it prompts you asking if you want to report the text as junk.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18045 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The only issue I don't like is when you delete a text message, it prompts you asking if you want to report the text as junk.

I don't get the "junk" prompt, but I do get a prompt that I have to click to complete the delete. This came along sometime in iOS 11 and to the macOS a bit after. I just wish they would do away with the prompt altogether. Yes, I want to delete it, that's why I swiped and selected "delete" to begin with. Mail doesn't make you do that (maybe that's coming, too Mad).

Posts: 10817 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Working ok on my iPhone 8, so far.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10513 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Yup, did it and no regrets on my iPhone X and iPad Pro. all good.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’ve updated an iPad Mini 2, iPhone SE, and an iPhone 8 to iOS 12 and have not had any problems. The iPad and SE are both running noticeably faster on iOS 12 than they were on iOS 11.

Posts: 3526 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I'm running it on two iPhone 8s, a 6th gen iPad, and an ancient Air. Running fine on all devices and it gave that poor abused Air a new lease on life.

Posts: 2615 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My work phone is an iPhone 6 and iOS 12 is running fine.

My personal phone is an iPhone X and iOS 12 is running fine. I notice the biggest difference on the X as it fixed a few oddities last OS had (e.g. how to close a window was goofy and took too damn much precision but now it's back to the familiar swipe).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23422 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Been running on my iPhone 6 and my wife’s SE with no issues.

The only thing I saw that seemed like a dumb change was Apple removed the Bluetooth icon from the top of the screen. You have to go into settings now to see if it’s on. Why??

Posts: 34087 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Good on my 7

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Not really iOS, but the newest version of the Apple TV OS has an all-new Aerial Screensaver selection featuring mostly satellite imagery, but has eliminated all but one of the prior set of screensavers. I'm really bummed about it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18045 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Running fine on my old 6s. I did buy a XS MAX but I'm still using the 6s as a mini ipad

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post