SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple iOS 12?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple iOS 12? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Was fine on my 6. Probably improved it.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The only thing I saw that seemed like a dumb change was Apple removed the Bluetooth icon from the top of the screen. You have to go into settings now to see if it’s on. Why??

I agree it is annoying not to have it on the main screen, but no need to go into Settings. A simple swipe up brings up Control Center with that an much more info.

Posts: 10799 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Working fine on a 6S

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2676 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I upgraded three 5s phones with it no problem. Lost a little storage space but that is about it (I only noticed because the phones are only 16GB)

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We've upgraded the two 2017 9.7" tablets to 12.0.1 (one was 12.0.0 for a couple days). Everything seems fine.

Going to let them run for a couple days, then do one of the two iPhone 6S'.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Update

Since updated both phones (iPhone 6S'). Upgrades went smooth as silk. Unlike the initial issues with iOS 11.x: Battery life is fine. Possibly even improved.

As an aside: Once I assured myself my iPhone 6S was stable with iOS 12 I stopped by the local Apple store to take advantage of the $30 battery replacement. (Mine was down to 87%.) I'm now getting run times on my iPhone 6S that rival what I used to get on my Motorola Moto G3.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder for folks.....

I’m running a iPhone 7 still, because I don’t want a phablet phone and won’t pay $1,000 for a g damn phone. ios12 runs smooth on it.

The reminder, for this year only Apple will replace your phone battery for $29. Goes up to $79 next year. So if running a 5, 6, 7, SE, etc, I’d suggest getting a new battery in it this year for cheap to keep it running longer. New phones came out, and I was hoping for a 5” option with edge tomedge screen, Face ID, etc, and it didn’t happen so I swapped the battery (you should change batter at 80% capacity or lower) out, bought a new car, and feels like a new phone.

With new devices being more costly, more people will be holding onto their current phones so why not swap a new battery in it for cheap? Apple store when I went was 2 hours behind so I ended up getting a new battery for free.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12671 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Just a reminder for folks.....

I’m running a iPhone 7 still, because I don’t want a phablet phone and won’t pay $1,000 for a g damn phone. ios12 runs smooth on it.

The reminder, for this year only Apple will replace your phone battery for $29. Goes up to $79 next year. So if running a 5, 6, 7, SE, etc, I’d suggest getting a new battery in it this year for cheap to keep it running longer. New phones came out, and I was hoping for a 5” option with edge tomedge screen, Face ID, etc, and it didn’t happen so I swapped the battery (you should change batter at 80% capacity or lower) out, bought a new car, and feels like a new phone.

With new devices being more costly, more people will be holding onto their current phones so why not swap a new battery in it for cheap? Apple store when I went was 2 hours behind so I ended up getting a new battery for free.

Good call out and reminder. Need to get the wife's battery replaced in Nov.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2676 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an iPhone SE and between IOS 12 and a recent Itunes update I went through Password Hell for about 1/2 weeks. ANYTHING I wanted to do I was asked for my password. Need I state thatthe keyboard on an SE is TINY and entering a long password almost guarantees and error in entry. Finally spent 2 hours on the phone with Customer Service and after assuring that person that I was the ONLY person using my computers and iPhone I was directed to a well hidden setting that allows you to turn off the Password Query every time you open an Apple App.

Kudos to Apple Customer Support, they are quite willing to spend the time it takes to get everything sorted out.

HUGE THUMBS DOWN to Apple for placing Security way in front of any consideration of the effect of these "security enhancements" on the Customers ability to actually use their iPhone. I am just about to the point of setting up a go fund me page to allow me to afford going to the next Stockholders Meeting just to light into the Management at Apple to think about the effect on their Customers and the effect of these inconveniences on Sales. Come on, we have fingerprint sensors and facial recognition so why not used these features instead of demanding a password?

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5675 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
My two issues since upgrading my SE are: Touchscreen is jumpy when scrolling and zooming (did NOT do that before the upgrade), and I hate the notification on the lock screen that calls will be silenced while in DO NOT DISTURB mode... duh! I already know that, and it’s covering up the gorgeous face I have on my lock screen photo, apparently with no way to remove the notification!!! Mad

Posts: 4616 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Finally spent 2 hours on the phone with Customer Service and after assuring that person that I was the ONLY person using my computers and iPhone I was directed to a well hidden setting that allows you to turn off the Password Query every time you open an Apple App.

Don't know what setting that is, but neither my wife nor I have experienced this behavior.

I unlock my phone/tablet, do what I want, which may involve several apps, then, when it's idle long enough, or I press a button, it locks itself again.

They behave exactly the way they did under iOS 11.x and 10.x.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Finally spent 2 hours on the phone with Customer Service and after assuring that person that I was the ONLY person using my computers and iPhone I was directed to a well hidden setting that allows you to turn off the Password Query every time you open an Apple App.

Don't know what setting that is, but neither my wife nor I have experienced this behavior.

I unlock my phone/tablet, do what I want, which may involve several apps, then, when it's idle long enough, or I press a button, it locks itself again.

They behave exactly the way they did under iOS 11.x and 10.x.

I was told it was intentional on the part of Apple, they didn't want anyone to have "strangers" using their Apple Account to make purchases. Since opening Itunes also opens a link to the Itunes Store that meant I was required to log in any time I opened Itunes, on phone, desktop, or laptop. Same deal with the Apple App store. Basically they completely overrided the Remember Me function over concerns that someone off the street might break into my house specifically to download a specific song or App to that particular computer.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5675 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Running fine on my 7Plus and daughter's 6.
Taking my 7+ in on Monday for a $29 battery replacement. Battery health shows it at 83% capacity. The 6 is still at 97%.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8034 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Makes my iPad mini run better but it’s wrexked the battery on my iPhone 6. Guess I’ll be getting a new one ASAP.

Posts: 13748 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Makes my iPad mini run better but it’s wrexked the battery on my iPhone 6. Guess I’ll be getting a new one ASAP.

Unless the battery health indicates poor health I'd give it a few days. Sometimes battery runtime suffers for a few days to a week after a major OS upgrade.

Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I have IOS 12.01 on my iPhone 6S and OSX Mojave on my late 2012 Mac Mini. My only complaint with these is my Mac Mini running slower. I’ll upgrade memory and probably the HD to speed it up. iPhone is working great so no problems there.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1184 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post