SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USPS Priority Mail Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Priority Mail Question Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The USPS tracking system is a fiasco. I have been told the equipment is outdated when compared to FedEx and UPS. The money should have been spent on something worthwhile.

ZSMICHAEL is being way too kind to the USPS tracking system. I have seen the rare delivery screwup with USPS, but I’ve probably seen 25 to 30 tracking screwups for every one delivery screwup. Heck, I’ve had multiple packages that were delivered clear across the country before USPS tracking ever showed them received.

As frustrating as the abysmal tracking is, the USPS does a pretty darned good job getting stuff delivered, generally a LOT cheaper than UPS or FedEx.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once ordered a short trigger for a 225 from a vendor on here. It never came, called them, they said it had shipped. They finally sent another one, no charge. 7 months later, the first one showed up, package torn all to hell, but intact. Told the vendor, they said just keep it.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Just an update. All good. Package was delivered Tuesday.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It's out for delivery today.

Did it arrive?

Indeed it did. Even on the early side of their average delivery window Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we all have the same mailman; it does not seem probable that this could be without systemic mismanagement at all levels.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post