USPS Priority Mail Question

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7460025074

May 28, 2020, 09:09 AM
slosig
USPS Priority Mail Question
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The USPS tracking system is a fiasco. I have been told the equipment is outdated when compared to FedEx and UPS. The money should have been spent on something worthwhile.

ZSMICHAEL is being way too kind to the USPS tracking system. I have seen the rare delivery screwup with USPS, but I’ve probably seen 25 to 30 tracking screwups for every one delivery screwup. Heck, I’ve had multiple packages that were delivered clear across the country before USPS tracking ever showed them received.

As frustrating as the abysmal tracking is, the USPS does a pretty darned good job getting stuff delivered, generally a LOT cheaper than UPS or FedEx.
May 28, 2020, 09:54 AM
Watergoat
I once ordered a short trigger for a 225 from a vendor on here. It never came, called them, they said it had shipped. They finally sent another one, no charge. 7 months later, the first one showed up, package torn all to hell, but intact. Told the vendor, they said just keep it.
May 28, 2020, 02:24 PM
ador
Just an update. All good. Package was delivered Tuesday.

May 29, 2020, 09:07 AM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It's out for delivery today.

Did it arrive?

Indeed it did. Even on the early side of their average delivery window Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
May 29, 2020, 11:00 AM
I think we all have the same mailman; it does not seem probable that this could be without systemic mismanagement at all levels.