SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just got denied by NICS!!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got denied by NICS!!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In Washington State it used to be that presenting your ID and CPL allowed you to depart with the Pistol after clearing NICS. Then a new law passed as we march toward being Californiacated.

Now we have a Washington State check (local Sheriff or Police), as well as, the 4473 and NICS. I bought a new Staccato July 7th and still waiting for a 'Proceed' so I can pick up the gun. It usually has been taking about 10 days or so but they are allowed to take longer. Cant remember the time limit.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
South Carolina, show your drivers license & CWP, fill out the 4473, pay your bill and walk out.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Did Agent Gibbs come and tell you personally? Big Grin

Hey, I appreciated this even if everyone else missed it!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe it was Inspector Lewis Erskine. Much better looking and well spoken. Used lots of Brylcream

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Yeah, I spit beer on this one!!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah we have Nics Exemption for Concealed weapons permits here. Might check your local laws or ask your local dealer.

I've only ever had 1 person put a Upin on their form and that one person still got denied Roll Eyes

Personally I can't believe the 4473 isn't just one question: "Whats your social" and none of the other B.S. but its coincidentally the only thing that's optional.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm rather fortunate and have a rather uncommon last name so I typically sale thru the approval. Last gun purchase was a 5K combo shotgun and case and it was approved in just 8 minutes. However it still pisses me off that I have to submit to an NICS check because our damned state decided to become Pothead Central.

Aint no way in Hell that the unlimited use of Pot will ever end well. We have enough problems with drunk drivers and shitheads texting while driving and now they've said it's perfectly fine to get stoned and go for a drive to get more Cheeto's. BTW, in 2018 there were over 10,000 deaths due to driving while impaired and 3,142 deaths due to texting and driving. Drives me nuts when Lying Joe talks about Mass Shootings when there is a GD Massacre taking place on our highways and not one single peep from that asshole about that.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

I didn't miss it, just didn't feel like commenting on it. (I get busted a lot for making obvious comments.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually get delayed given my common name. Until 3-4 years ago, that meant anywhere from a 1-2 hour delay (best case) to overnight delay (all too often the case).

To give NICS some credit, while I still am delayed, it can be as for as little as 10-15 minutes, with 1 hour worst case.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunLeather:
Same in Colorado. Concealed handgun permit means nothing at the gun store. Law enforcement ID means nothing. Everyone goes through NICS. Sometimes it takes a few minutes, sometimes it takes a day or more.

Delay or denial? No apologies if they are wrong, it is all up to you to jump through all the hoops and correct whatever issue may be involved (and they don't have to tell you why anyway).

We still bypass NICS in Arizona. Gotta love this place.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:
Never denied but I was delayed at almost every point in the past. Reason being, my father is Sr and I’m Jr.

Pissed me off to no end. This would even happen when SSN was added to the form, so it should have been obvious, but they always delayed it anyway. A lot of the times it was for just a few minutes but there were other instances when it was for days.

Got my Texas LTC (CHL back then) and don’t have to deal with it now.

does you dad have a record?

the Jr Sr thing does not matter

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

My thought eggsactly! Big Grin

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I once found a sweet SP101 at the Lacey, WA, Cabelas. IIRC, it was going to be $25 to run the background, or something. It's been awhile. Anyway, they charge $25 to ship it store-to-store, so I had it sent to Lehi, UT, where I picked it up for free using my UT CWP, no NICS required, no fees or ridiculous sales taxes going to WA state (the sale was officially in UT).

Denied due to NICS? They always pass these deals as a safety measure, then use them to deny rights due to their own incompetence, even requiring John Q. Public to front the cost/effort of fixing it. Just to keep your rights. Typical government in action.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8219 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I'm rather fortunate and have a rather uncommon last name so I typically sale thru the approval. Last gun purchase was a 5K combo shotgun and case and it was approved in just 8 minutes. However it still pisses me off that I have to submit to an NICS check because our damned state decided to become Pothead Central.

But just think, no more illegal pot being smuggled in here. Think of all the tax revenue this will generate.

Wasn’t there just a big pot bust made at the Detroit Windsor border a couple of weeks ago? Thought all of this would end overnight. Well that is our Governor’s mindset anyhow.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:

My thought eggsactly! Big Grin

Yea, I was so pissed yesterday that I could barley see straight. I am surprised I even got my name right Smile

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
However it still pisses me off that I have to submit to an NICS check because our damned state decided to become Pothead Central.

Put the blame where it belongs: On BATFE. Form 4473 contains a question pertaining to the Federally illegal use of marijuana and other such things. BATFE did that just to be assholes. Which is what they do and what they are. It was not necessary and serves no purpose other than to inconvenience buyers.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
However it still pisses me off that I have to submit to an NICS check because our damned state decided to become Pothead Central.

Put the blame where it belongs: On BATFE. Form 4473 contains a question pertaining to the Federally illegal use of marijuana and other such things. BATFE did that just to be assholes. Which is what they do and what they are. It was not necessary and serves no purpose other than to inconvenience buyers.

That's a pretty obtuse interpretation.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

That's a pretty obtuse interpretation.

Meh, no sense in letting facts get in the way.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I lived in SoCal for 32 years and my best friend and his Dad owned a Fun store. I dated the Daughter/Sister and worked in the store for fun and could buy wholesale and never a problem in that screwed up state.

Fast forward to moving (back the second time) to Nashville, tried to make more purchases, and DENIED… Had many a conversation with the Federal Bureau of investigation, and applied for a Federal UPIN (Unique Personal Identification Number)

This meant that I would authorize and pay for their investigation on my background to try and find out what is going on. Obviously someone with a very close name or social with a shit history. No more problems here, but what an odd feeling when you get denied for something you didn’t do, or it wasn’t you in the first place.
It’s not hard at all and I don’t think, it’s been 15 years, expensive.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
No gun for you!

ETA: Please note that OP originally had "NCIS" in his title then edited it after a few of us decided we couldn't pass up having a little fun at his expense.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post