SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Poll: How many of these crucial seats will GOP win on November 8?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: How many of these crucial seats will GOP win on November 8? Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Here’s a good sign.

I picked up a hitchhiker yesterday, I was coming south of Green Bay. The weather was terrible, here he is along the freeway. Yes of course, not allowed along the freeway.

He was out of jail heading back to TN. The interesting thing, he hated Brandon. I said, we have something in common. He was rather pleasant, and appreciative.

I also know one normally doesn’t pick up hitchhikers these days. I like to think I can handle most situations. I gave him a ride right to the bus station in Milwaukee, yes, 45 minutes out of my way. His family was to buy him a ticket from there.

Just a small, anecdotal indicator of the many who think the country is on the wrong track.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I predict at best, It will be 51/49 in favor of the GOP.

Most likely it will be 50/50 still, with the GOP winning the House.

I don't see how that's most likely. Most likely is 52/48. But what it will be is 55/45.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

RealClearPolitics.com is projecting Republicans pick up four Senate seats.

I don't think it will be that many. but one or two is pretty much a given and they only need one for the majority.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most everyone and the media seem to be forgetting the Senatorial race here in Iowa. Chuck Grassley seat is up for grabs and his opponent is within margin of error. I think Chuck will win but it is the closest challenge he has had in years. He is a good man and we need more like him in Washington. He is not perfect and may not be your favorite but he does represent his constituents.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2891 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
Most everyone and the media seem to be forgetting the Senatorial race here in Iowa. Chuck Grassley seat is up for grabs and his opponent is within margin of error. I think Chuck will win but it is the closest challenge he has had in years. He is a good man and we need more like him in Washington. He is not perfect and may not be your favorite but he does represent his constituents.

I’m surprised by this because Fox article yesterday basically says Grassley has it hands down.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-insurmountable-lead

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:

Yes, Grassley will win hands down.

And I think Grassley is a pretty solid conservative. Old as hell, yes. But a solid conservative.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
I was the seventh that voted for 7, feel good about that.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, consider Arizona a done deal. Razz

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, Grassley will win hands down.

And I think Grassley is a pretty solid conservative. Old as hell, yes. But a solid conservative.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is what they say. I bet Big Pharma is putting big buck into his opponent's campaign. Polls say he is ahead.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I picked up a hitchhiker yesterday, I was coming south of Green Bay. The weather was terrible, here he is along the freeway. Yes of course, not allowed along the freeway.

He was out of jail heading back to TN. The interesting thing, he hated Brandon. I said, we have something in common. He was rather pleasant, and appreciative

It is free:

^^^^^^^^^^^
This was the beginning of a good novel. Rent the Hitchhiker. It is well worth watching. True story and first film noir directed by a woman.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:

I don't think it will be that many. but one or two is pretty much a given and they only need one for the majority.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with that outcome, I just don't think it will be so.

If I were in Vegas and laying down money, my first post is what I'd lay my 20 dollar bill on.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:

I'm betting on this. I see three seats being picked up, no doubt in my mind, and a very good possibility of a 4th.

Especially in AZ and Georgia, I believe voters will vote accordingly down ballot when choosing Lake and Kemp.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm sick of every election being a nail-biter, and the results always coming down to questionable districts in cities run by Democrats who have absolutely no association with truth or honesty. As Dennis Prager has said, "truth" is not a value for the Left.
If--ha-ha!--the media were honest, and elections were honest everywhere, the country would be overwhelmingly run by Republicans. Now whether that would be better than what we have is open to question, because any one-party state tends toward corruption.
But look at the polls for all these Senate races: granted they can't be trusted, but a huge amount of money and effort goes into them, and they all come up with races "within the margin of error", which is to say "within the margin of cheating".
It just encourages the Dems to (1) go far Left in their policies because they're not held accountable, and (2) cheat whenever and wherever they can and feel the need to do so.

I'm hoping we'll finally have an election "beyond the margin of cheating". Beyond our wildest expectations.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I'm sick of every election being a nail-biter, and the results always coming down to questionable districts in cities run by Democrats who have absolutely no association with truth or honesty.
I'm hoping we'll finally have an election "beyond the margin of cheating".

Well said. Completely agree.
Elections are supposed to be able to let us peaceably settle our differences. But if elections can't be trusted violence is the eventual result.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
^^^
I agree with both of you. I watch some ex military guys on Youtube to get camping, gear, and other advice. I am just repeating what I saw and it is not coming from me and I am not inciting anything, but the paraphrase went something like: If biden is around in 24, we all get to party. I don't think I need to explain what was meant by the word party.

Posts: 662 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Here’s what Joe Rogan says:

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I'm hoping we'll finally have an election "beyond the margin of cheating". Beyond our wildest expectations.

I'm hoping that Steve Bannon and his "Posse" in NV, AZ, PA, etc will rope some strays.

Conservatives did not expect the blatant, sometimes clumsy, fraud in 2020. Now we expect it, and will counter it to the best of our abilities.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In Pennsylvania, Fetterman is actually suing for the right to cheat. Unreal. They want clearly illegal ballots counted in the election.

It's like dealing with children. You let them get away with something once without consequence, they are sure to try and do it again. "Oh ok, you can have that cookie right before bed, but only this one time." Every parent knows (or should know) that that kid is going to go for that cookie again the next night. He'll keep doing it as long as he thinks he can get away with it. The democrats act the same way. They will continue to believe that they can get away with cheating until they are told without equivocation "NO!"

Eat shit, Pennsylvania democrats. The state Supreme Court already said you can't count illegal ballots.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post